This is your chance to kickstart your career at HarrisX, an exciting fast-growing, entrepreneurial Research and Analytics Consulting firm that runs the longest running and most comprehensive research on consumer behavior for the top Technology, Telecom & Media companies in the world.
HarrisX is always on the lookout for talented Research Analyst candidates. We may open a few full-time positions based in either Washington, DC or New York, NY later this year and would like to hear from candidates who are looking for a new role in the next 3-6 months. If you are interested in being considered for a position at HarrisX when we have positions available, please apply to keep your resume on file!
The Research Analyst is a critical, client-facing position responsible for developing consumer insights for the top Technology, Telecom & Media companies based on the HarrisX consumer insights data repository. Analytics are drawn from multiple data sources such as primary and secondary research via surveys, telemetry and focus groups and interviews.
The ideal candidate loves data, is passionate about the power of telling a story with data, and is committed to solving a variety of business problems supported by data. Successful candidates will also be extremely disciplined and self-motivated, have a strong sense of integrity, and a commitment to ethical professional conduct.
What you will do:
- Analysis of data: Undertake data extraction and processing to build insights on the marketplace relevant to the client and project; ensure that all data is checked and correct
- Assist in the production of presentations: Ensure all information and presentation material is accurate and correct and helps to tell a story
- Liaise with clients: Take responsibility for data collection and client correspondence and an active role in client presentations
- Support creation of business development materials through analyzing industry trends, competitive landscape as well as primary & secondary research studies
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree; STEM field preferred
- 1-5 years of relevant work experience in data analysis and project management; direct client experience preferred
- Experience with survey data collection (e.g., questionnaire design)
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working with large data sets
- Competency with basic data analysis in SPSS, R, Python, or other statistical software packages
The HarrisX team is currently working 100% remotely until we are able to safely return to our offices. We will conduct interviews, hire, onboard, and train remotely, with a planned transition to in-office work once your assigned work location is back in operation.
HarrisX is set up to employ in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, and Massachusetts. Candidates will only be considered for employment if they live in one of these locations or are willing to relocate to one of these locations prior to start. In addition, HarrisX is unable to sponsor visas for this position and thus candidates must be authorized to work for at least 12 months past start to be considered.
HarrisX is a Tech Media and Telecom Market Research Consultancy which is part of the Stagwell Group of companies. HarrisX’s research suite includes Syndicated trackers, retail effectiveness research and custom research solutions. HarrisX works with most of the major wireless carriers, OEMs, MSO, Technology and OTT players. HarrisX’s research suite includes Syndicated Trackers and Telemetry Data, Retail Effectiveness and Custom Research solutions. For more information, please visit www.harrisx.com.