Reporting to the Associate Director of Enrollment System and working in close collaboration with colleagues from the Offices of Admissions, Student Financial Services, and Registrar, the Technical Operations Lead, Enrollment Systems leverages the technical capabilities of various Enrollment Systems (e.g. Technolutions Slate, PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, PowerFAIDS) to ensure that HKS maximizes the potential of these systems in an effort to provide superior services to users. Through this work the position will provide insight and guidance on upgrades, feature enhancements, and creative ways to use technology to advance the missions of Enrollment Services and HKS. As the technical operations lead, the position is critical to ensuring the quality and integrity of data that flow through all enrollment systems. The position plays a key role in developing complex and real-time reporting and data analysis across the student lifecycle. Finally, the position helps protect the security of highly sensitive and confidential data by developing, implementing, and maintaining business processes involving data storage, management, and dissemination.
The successful candidate has a degree in information technology, computer systems engineering, or computer science and experience demonstrating technical proficiency in Technolutions Slate. Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (or similar student information systems), and/or PowerFAIDS (or similar financial aid systems) is a plus but not required.
Duties & Responsibilities
Performs system configuration, maintenance, enhancement, and end user support for all online applications using Technolutions Slate. Customizes Slate to meet the changing needs of Enrollment Services, including the design and execution of application flow from submission through decision release, the design and maintenance of custom online portals for prospects and applicants. Supports event management, communications, workflow maintenance, data uploads in Slate. Manages user accounts and permissions. Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation for application processing in Slate, data integration between Slate and other enrollment systems, and end user training and support. Ensures complete accuracy of all admissions decisions and admissions data. Imports prospect and applicant data from a variety of ad hoc sources. Builds and maintains a library of queries and reports within Slate and PeopleSoft for users. Works on special projects directly related to enrollment data that have strategic use. Manages the interaction of database products from different vendors, ensuring accurate data feeds between systems and resolving conflicts.
Qualifications & Skills:
The successful candidate has a degree in information technology, computer systems engineering, or computer science and experience demonstrating technical proficiency in Technolutions SLATE.
Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (or similar student information systems), and/or PowerFAIDS (or similar financial aid systems) is a plus but not required. Technical proficiency includes, but is not limited to, system configuration, updates and testing, SQL, data and technical analysis, and data reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree (computer science or information systems preferred) and 5 years of related experience analyzing and managing data or Master’s degree (computer science or information systems preferred) with 3 or more years of related experience analyzing and managing data
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases and statistical data analysis; proficiency with Excel and HTML; ability to work extra hours as needed during peak period (typically December-April).
- Experience with Technolutions Slate T-SQL, SQL, XML, and XSLT
- Experience with implementing, customizing, and managing Slate, and with QA testing
Additional Qualifications: Any combination of the following is a plus, but not required.
Excellent analytical, project management, and trouble-shooting skills; demonstrated ability to think strategically and to use data for strategic planning purposes; excellent team, interpersonal, and communication skills; flexibility and adaptability to shift to changing priorities and needs required; ability to work under deadline pressure; ability to work with confidential information; prior work with admissions/enrollment data. Experience with a Student Information System. Data reporting experience with Tableau or a similar data visualization tool helpful. Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, with tight and shifting deadlines. Attention to detail and an ability to learn new and complex tools as required are essential.
Harvard Kennedy School’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Harvard Kennedy School, fostering a diverse and inclusive community where everyone feels they belong is a matter of basic fairness consistent with our core values as an institution. It is also essential to our mission of improving public policy and leadership—because recruiting the best people and creating an environment where they can thrive make us better at what we do, because we learn more from people with different perspectives, and because we work in diverse groups and serve diverse societies.
Learn more about Harvard Kennedy School’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
We regret that the Harvard Kennedy School does not provide Visa Sponsorship.
Harvard University requires pre-employment references and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
Salary Range: $67,700-113,900
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.
Harvard offers a generous benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.