The Harvard Immigration and Refugee Clinical Program seeks a communications intern to help manage the Program’s website, social media accounts, and events. The intern will work closely with Program staff to support various communications projects, including writing posts for the Program’s blog, creating social media graphics, interviewing staff and students about clinic cases and projects, as well as coordinating and promoting Program events.
The internship requires a part-time commitment of approximately 8-12 hours per week. Arrangements can be made with educational institutions for course credit if needed. This is an unpaid position and the students will not be compensated for the work done.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with general communications tasks, such as drafting blog posts, press releases, and social media posts;
- Write blog posts on a variety of topics, including case victories, litigation efforts, and advocacy projects;
- Create graphics and content for the Program’s various social media accounts; and
- Help coordinate and promote remote and on-campus Program events.
Experience and Required Qualifications
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Experience using Canva, Photoshop, or similar program;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills as well as excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Highly motivated and organized, able to balance multiple priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Experience with successfully managing projects from inception through completion;
- Ability to take initiative and work well both independently and in a team-oriented environment; and
- Must be resourceful and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish language at an advanced level strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, cultural sensitivity, and immigrants’ rights advocacy; and
- Previous communications experience with a non-profit, student group, or company.