At Hasbro, we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of Community, Passion, Integrity, Creativity and Inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
Electrical Engineer Co-op
At Hasbro, we’re changing the face of play and entertainment! We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of Community, Passion, Integrity, Creativity and Inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+years, and we believe the best is yet to come.
Hasbro is currently recruiting enthusiastic, technically curious & creative engineering students to assist Applied Technology Group in the development of our products. You should be extremely intelligent and be able to learn quickly and work independently. This is the perfect job for someone who’s smart, driven, and skilled at creatively solving problems. You’ll learn programming, electronic engineering, product design, quality control, mechanical engineering – but you’ve got to start with what we can’t teach –intellectual sharpness, interpersonal skills and creativity.
We also offer a unique opportunity to our students by participating in Hasbro’s Co-op EPIC group project where Co-ops work in teams to bring a new idea for a Hasbro product to concept stage. This includes presenting the idea to business partners at various checkpoints in the process and prototyping the concept for presentation.
We are looking for qualified EE/ECE/CE and we’re open to other technology/Engineering majors based on skillset.
A day in the life of an Electrical Engineer Co-op:
- Research & present relevant new technologies for future Hasbro products
- Evaluate competitive products & participate in product brainstorming sessions
- Actively participate on cross functional project teams throughout development life-cycle
- Provide technical advice & feasibility assessment for new concepts
- Define product gameplay (flow charts & robotic routines) & program concept/development models
- Technology Co-op’s Responsibilities:
- Build, test, debug, & demonstrate electrical breadboard models
- Prototype product concepts
- Program microprocessors for control of animatronics, lights/sounds, R/C, & other technologies
- Perform sound editing & SFX creation
- Refine product game play for program development (i.e. writing flow charts or robotic routines)
- Identify and troubleshoot issues with development models & work with overseas vendors to correct them
- Assist in development and prototyping of Android/iOS apps to interface with external hardware components
- Evaluate competitive products & perform research on new technologies for different applications
- Must have basic programming skills & knowledge of basic electronics & transistor theory
- Create electronic schematics using Multisim
What you’ll bring:
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student, May 2021 or earlier graduates are not eligible for our Co-op program and will not be considered for this position.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering
- Must be available to work full-time as a co-op from January 2022- June 2022
- Co-op assignment can be either a mandatory or optional requirement for graduation
- Experience with Arduino or a similar platform is a plus!
- Previous project work or co-op experience in product design engineering, robotics, electronic hacking
- Excellent communication & interpersonal effectiveness skills
- Strong time/project management skills & the desire to build/expand proficiency in this area
- Intermediate-level skills in MS Excel, Word & Outlook & web-based applications
- The ideal candidate can provide projects or products via an online portfolio/links/attachments showing Robotics, Arduino, electro-mechanical hacking, app development, creative projects outside of school
Candidates are responsible for their own housing & transportation (FREE Parking). Hasbro headquarters in Pawtucket, RI is 1.3 mi from the South Attleboro, MA commuter rail station, and we offer shuttle service.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play and Entertainment Experiences. From toys, games and consumer products to television, movies, digital gaming, live action, music, and virtual reality experiences, Hasbro connects to global audiences by bringing to life great innovations, stories and brands across established and inventive platforms. Hasbro’s iconic brands include NERF, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE, POWER RANGERS, PEPPA PIG and PJ MASKS, as well as premier partner brands. Through its global entertainment studio, eOne, Hasbro is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for all children and all families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked among the 2020 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media, has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past nine years, and one of America’s Most JUST Companies by Forbes and JUST Capital for the past four years. We routinely share important business and brand updates on our Investor Relations website, Newsroom and social channels (@Hasbro on Twitter and Instagram, and @HasbroOfficial on Facebook.)