Hasbro Gaming is seeking a creative, self-motivated writer to support the Games Writing Team on a variety of gaming products–from classic brands like Clue and Game of Life to totally new game experiences. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing, organizational, research, and editorial skills. They need to be able to work independently in a remote environment.
- Supporting the lead Writer in developing game package copy, rules, and content against product development timelines
- Researching and developing tone, story, and branding for games
- Brainstorming product names, taglines, and other package copy
- Writing game content, including cards, board spaces, etc.
- Researching licensed properties in regards to themes, story, characters, etc.
- Playtesting with cross-functional team and drafting rules
- Reviewing copy in artwork and communicating revisions to graphic designers
- Brainstorming with cross-functional design and marketing partners
- Proofreading and fact-checking
- Compiling accurate legal and safety copy for games
What you’ll bring
- Excellent command of the English language, grammar, and punctuation
- Attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and sometimes demanding environment
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with others, particularly in a remote working environment
- Knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Pursuing a degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field