At Hasbro we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community, passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best if yet to come.
Global Logistics Co-op, Customs & Regulatory Compliance (January- August 2022)
The Global Logistics Co-Op student operates under the close supervision of a Senior Analyst or Manager. The Co-Op will gain exposure to a dynamic business environment where the individual will be able to apply classroom skills to real life supply chain situations. The overall experience will increase the students’ knowledge of the global supply chain of a consumer product. The Global Logistics Department has an extensive network of partners that support the various subgroups of the Department. The Co-Op will be involved in the continuous interaction and coordination among internal and external stakeholders including Transportation providers for Domestic and International shipments, Customs Brokers, Vendors, Booking Agents, Affiliate Markets and Warehouses, globally.
A day in the life as a Global Logistics’ Customs & Regulatory Compliance Co-op…
- As part of the Global Trade Compliance Team, you will be responsible for the adherence to all applicable trade laws and regulations, you will work in conjunction with the Global Trade Customs Compliance Team to ensure goods move swiftly across borders.
- Play a leading role in assisting in export denied party screening process within E2Open.
- You will gain exposure in US Exports Laws & Regulations, by working with the Global Compliance Team to coordinate with key stakeholders to process and arrange shipments, monitor/update Smartsheet and create shipper’s letter of instructions to file Electronic Export Information (EEI).
- Assisting in the classification of Hasbro products under the U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule and provide support in related tasks such as classifying items on the weekly Missing HTS Code report.
- Working with a team to support internal compliance tasks such as Importer Self-Assessment (ISA) quarterly entry testing and audit of weekly broker bills for processing and payment, among other tasks.
- Working with a team to analyze and track global duty spend and sec 301 tariffs. You will work cross-functionally with Hasbro brand teams, as well as global commercial markets and their corresponding customs brokers to ensure global partners follow Hasbro policies & procedures.
- Working with SAP and ACE to create reports and analyze data.
What you’ll bring…
- Desire to adapt and learn, embracing Hasbro’s core values of Passion, Integrity, Creativity and Community.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships through teamwork and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, reasoning, and organization skills.
- Willingness to take initiative, developing processes and reports relating to the Hasbro business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Working towards a degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Operations or similar. Relevant supply chain or business internship experience preferred. Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program to be qualified for a Hasbro Co-op.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play and Entertainment Experiences. From toys, games and consumer products to television, movies, digital gaming, live action, music, and virtual reality experiences, Hasbro connects to global audiences by bringing to life great innovations, stories and brands across established and inventive platforms. Hasbro’s iconic brands include NERF, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE, POWER RANGERS, PEPPA PIG and PJ MASKS, as well as premier partner brands. Through its global entertainment studio, eOne, Hasbro is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for all children and all families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked among the 2020 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media, has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past nine years, and one of America’s Most JUST Companies by Forbes and JUST Capital for the past four years. We routinely share important business and brand updates on our Investor Relations website, Newsroom and social channels (@Hasbro on Twitter and Instagram, and @HasbroOfficial on Facebook.)
© 2020 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.