At Hasbro, we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of Community, Passion, Integrity, Creativity and Inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
Reliability Engineer Co-op
At Hasbro, we’re changing the face of play and entertainment! We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of Community, Passion, Integrity, Creativity and Inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
Hasbro is currently recruiting enthusiastic, technically curious and confident students to work as Reliability Engineering Co-ops at our Pawtucket, RI headquarters.
Under supervision from Reliability Engineering management, the RE co-op will be primarily working with other Reliability Engineers to help identify toy product safety and performance test specifications and ensure the acceptable completion and documentation of all test results.
We also offer a unique opportunity to our students by participating in Hasbro’s Engineering Product Innovation Challenge. This is an annual event where co-ops work in teams to bring an idea for a Hasbro product to concept stage. This includes presenting the idea to business partners at various checkpoints in the process and prototyping the concept for presentation.
A day in the life of a Reliability Engineer Co-op:
- Interact daily with Product Engineering, Design and Marketing teams
- Participate in multidisciplinary design reviews to help evaluate products for safety and reliability compliance
- Help devise tests, analyze, and interpret related toy testing data
- Develop a basic understanding of the overall product development process
- Compile/review consumer complaint/return data for analysis. Support implementation of corrective actions if necessary.
- Learn industry regulations and standards for various product lines
- Become familiar with industry standard materials and manufacturing processes
What you’ll bring:
- Currently pursuing a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent with at least one year of completion in this study
- Must be available to work full-time as a co-op
- Co-op assignments can be either a mandatory or optional requirement for graduation
- Project work or co-op experience in product design engineering, mechanism design &/or robotics is a plus!
- Excellent communication and interpersonal effectiveness skills
- Strong time/project management skills & the desire to build/expand proficiency in this area
- Intermediate-level skills in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook & web-based applications
Candidates are responsible for their own housing and transportation (FREE Parking)
Hasbro headquarters are in Pawtucket, RI. We offer shuttle service for students commuting from Boston to the South Attleboro, MA commuter rail station, 1.3 miles from our office.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play and Entertainment Experiences. From toys, games and consumer products to television, movies, digital gaming, live action, music, and virtual reality experiences, Hasbro connects to global audiences by bringing to life great innovations, stories and brands across established and inventive platforms. Hasbro’s iconic brands include NERF, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE, POWER RANGERS, PEPPA PIG and PJ MASKS, as well as premier partner brands. Through its global entertainment studio, eOne, Hasbro is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for all children and all families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked among the 2020 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media, has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past nine years, and one of America’s Most JUST Companies by Forbes and JUST Capital for the past four years. We routinely share important business and brand updates on our Investor Relations website, Newsroom and social channels (@Hasbro on Twitter and Instagram, and @HasbroOfficial on Facebook.)