At Hasbro, we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of Community, Passion, Integrity, Creativity and Inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
Project Management Co-Op/Intern
Hasbro’s Global Development team is seeking an energetic, highly organized, personable, team player to assist the Project Manager in our product development process.
Under the direction of the Project Manager you will assist the PM with information flow amongst the development team and key business partners. This includes interfacing with diverse multi-functional teams at our Rhode Island headquarters and some direct communication with product development partners in Hasbro’s Far East offices. You will learn systems, processes, and cross-functional team responsibilities related to product development which you will apply in your day-to-day responsibilities.
We also offer a unique opportunity to our students by participating in Hasbro’s Co-op EPIC project. Co-ops work in teams to bring an idea for a Hasbro product to concept stage. This includes presenting the idea to business partners at various checkpoints in the process and prototyping the concept for presentation.
We are looking for Project Management Co-ops to work with several Global Engineering teams across our brand portfolio.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general direction and teaching of the Project Manager, you will:
- Learn our global milestone system and other product development related systems, critical path milestones, forward planning tools, cross functional team responsibilities, processes for product development – and apply your learnings to day-to-day responsibilities.
- Schedules – create & maintain project development schedules in support of the Global Development Calendar for a variety of item complexities and regions.
- Actively participate in development meetings.
- Stage Gate Product Review Meetings – help coordinate agenda, assist in creating & updating gate review documentation, act as scribe in meeting, assist in publishing notes post meeting.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams [development, operations, packaging, and data governance] within the brand and company to collectively work toward market availability goals.
- Ensure data is accurate in our informational systems.
- Assist the Project Manager with other requests/projects as necessary
- Actively participate in Eng/PM Intern/Co-op team activities
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student, 2021 graduates are not eligible for our Co-op program
- Must be available to work full-time as a co-op from July 9th – December 17th
- Co-op assignment can be either a mandatory or optional requirement for graduation
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Completion of at least one year of study towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- Project work or co-op experience in project management desired
- Excellent communication & interpersonal effectiveness skills
- Strong time/project management skills & the desire to build/expand competency in this area
- Intermediate-level skills in MS Excel, Word & Outlook & web-based applications, MS Project a plus.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play and Entertainment Experiences. From toys, games and consumer products to television, movies, digital gaming, live action, music, and virtual reality experiences, Hasbro connects to global audiences by bringing to life great innovations, stories and brands across established and inventive platforms. Hasbro’s iconic brands include NERF, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE, POWER RANGERS, PEPPA PIG and PJ MASKS, as well as premier partner brands. Through its global entertainment studio, eOne, Hasbro is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for all children and all families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked among the 2020 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media, has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past nine years, and one of America’s Most JUST Companies by Forbes and JUST Capital for the past four years. We routinely share important business and brand updates on our Investor Relations website, Newsroom and social channels (@Hasbro on Twitter and Instagram, and @HasbroOfficial on Facebook.)
© 2020 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.