The purpose of this position is to support HNA business development opportunities through the execution of strategies and tactics required to achieve business development goals. Individual in this position will work closely with assigned business development and sales staff to assist in achievement of fiscal goals and attracting new customers/business to HIMSS. This position is essential to the success of the HNA Business Development Manager with a 2M+ annual revenue goal in new business for HIMSS.
- Acts as a sales liaison for current and prospective clients; manage account set-up in Personify and Salesforce including booking of standard Global Conference exhibition space.
- Provides sales support to the Director, Business Development by having a solid understanding of product dynamics, market trends, competitor features, and consumer rational and make recommendations to help achieve revenue goals.
- Day-to-Day financial reconciliation with the Finance Dept, Map Your Show and Salesforce; provide accurate reports and analysis of data to assist Director and GM with sales strategy. Ability to learn details of product catalog to be able to understand how the data relates to the suite of over 225 products the team sells.
- In-depth utilization of Salesforce.com and participate in overall HIMSS Salesforce training and data management. Creates reports and dashboards for business development/sales team, to develop and track pipeline and performance; and executive leadership team to monitor progress.
- Analyze and interpret email campaign open rates and provide lead generation and follow up to business development/sales team.
- Support Program Manager with Global Conference sponsorship tracking on Envision and Salesforce.
- All duties as assigned to achieve HIMSS goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department and to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.
- Has contact with departments across the Enterprise.
- Has contact with clients, including vendors, members, and exhibitors.
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in sales related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related work experience; experience in sales support with experience using/supporting Salesforce.com preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Adobe preferred.
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to achieve accurate results in a complex environment
- Ability to think critically
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Customer focused with assertive, self-confident personality
- Superior planning skills, both strategic and tactical
- Ability to build collaborative relationships
- Background or knowledge in information systems and technology is an asset
Why we love HIMSS, and why you will, too:
- Our talent anywhere philosophy allows employees the flexibility to work virtually on an as-needed or permanent basis.
- Competitive, comprehensive healthcare coverage.
- Generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer!
- 401K with employer match and profit sharing.
- Be Well! Lifestyle reimbursement program.
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development programs.
Are you a Changemaker?
We’ll do amazing things for healthcare.