At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform health globally through information AND technology. Our staff, nearly 400 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
The purpose of this position is to serve as a resource and staff engagement support to HIMSS chapters and members. The position will provide excellent customer service to our members and support the overall chapter development strategy.
The things that you will tackle:
- Provide exceptional customer service support by clarifying the customer’s inquiry, determining the cause, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Conduct data entry and perform data integrity tasks related to member and customer records; promotes a clean database through regular report analysis and member outreach.
- Coordinate the data collection process from HIMSS chapters, maintain the database, assist with data entry for summary analysis, proactively seek additional/improved data, and report trends.
- Provide administrative support for chapter leader resources including updating material and permissions (i.e. online resource portal, website, email database server, Personify, etc.).
- Support access to chapter and member tools and resources.
- Ensure appropriate websites and HIMSS chapter events calendar are correct and current; assist with ongoing maintenance.
- Serve as the membership database liaison and coordinate with the HIMSS Applications Development department to ensure both staff and chapter leaders have accurate data and reports; coordinates correct usage and troubleshooting of technology platforms.
- Manage the annual HIMSS Committee Application process; coordinate the application testing, as well as applicant review and selection process with staff liaisons.
- Support the overall chapter development strategy to increase chapter support and member engagement.
- Provide support for internal/external and in-person/virtual meetings throughout the planning process including logistics, preparing agenda, recording minutes, and attendee communication.
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of successful administration and customer service work experience, professional society, trade association, or related industry preferred
- Strong proficiency in customer / member database services
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong personal integrity, with the ability to build relationships quickly
- Ability to work independently and very detail orientated
- Ability and previous successful experience working in a team and collaborative environment
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to achieve results in a complex environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, effective listener, strong presentation skills, solid organizational skills, and a self-starter
- Advanced Microsoft Word Suite skills including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Why we love HIMSS, and why you will, too:
- Our talent anywhere philosophy allows employees the flexibility to work virtually on an as-needed or permanent basis.
- Competitive, comprehensive healthcare coverage.
- Generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer!
- 401(k) with employer match and profit sharing.
- Be Well! Lifestyle reimbursement program.
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development programs.
Are you a Changemaker?
We’ll do amazing things for healthcare.
HIMSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Vets/Disabled