HealthCore, Inc., a health services research firm, is seeking a Principal Scientist to join our dynamic company. Founded in 1996, and now an independently-operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore provides the health care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with “real-world” data to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of health care. HealthCore’s projects range from retrospective to large-scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine, and medical device safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, and comparative effectiveness research.
We are currently seeking a highly experienced Principal Scientist researcher and methodologist to provide senior leadership and oversight to health services, real world evidence/late phase, and/or early phase research teams in the areas of research design, clinical insight, and/or health care business insight.
- Serve as senior scientific leader and provide subject matter expertise (research design, methodology, clinical, and/or health care industry/business) for externally funded and internally funded research studies, developing and supporting the execution of innovative research valued by clients.
- Lead and support the scientific study design and development of client proposals, protocols, statistical analysis plans, reports, presentations, and publications, focusing on the interpretation of results and translation of results back to stakeholders.
- Lead and support the scientific, methodologic, and clinical development and direction of the research teams, including new product and services development and support.
- Promote the company’s research expertise in client meetings.
- Provide scientific mentorship to members of the research teams.
- Conduct and support independent research, publish research findings, present at professional scientific meetings, and engage with various external professional societies/organizations/boards.
- Lead and support company-wide initiatives, including those with enhancing or enriching our data environment.
- Requires an MS, PhD, PharmD, or equivalent advanced degree and 10+ years of experience in health services research, clinical research, pharmacoepidemiology, biostatistics, or related field; PhD, PharmD, or MD preferred.
- Consulting, clinical, federal, payer, biopharmaceutical, or related experience preferred.
- Strong research background that includes study design and analytical skills, ideally with knowledge of pre-approval and/or post-approval research.
- Record of publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals preferred.
- Relevant experience in conducting research using health plan administrative databases (pharmacy and medical claims) preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
Working at HealthCore
In addition to a dynamic work environment, HealthCore offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program including a 401(k) plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance coverage; tuition assistance, and an employee stock purchase plan and free parking. As an independently operating subsidiary of Anthem, HealthCore offers the resources of the nation’s leading health benefits company in a small company environment.
HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, midway between New York City and Washington, DC, with satellite offices located in Watertown, MA, Andover, MA, Alexandria, VA, and Atlanta, GA.