About the job
Global Business Development Representative
King Features (http://kingfeatures.com/), a division of Hearst, is looking for a dynamic, high-performing Global Business Development Representative with experience selling digital and print advertising, content, and/or other services over the phone, by email, via web-based conferencing, and face-to-face in a geographic/vertical based territory. You will be an individual contributor responsible for managing a client book of business and proactively reaching out to ensure client satisfaction and retention while continuously hunting and closing new business. The ideal candidate has a history of bringing on new business and exceeding sales quotas and loves the challenges that come with outbound prospecting in a competitive market. Position can be based in any of the following metropolitan areas: New York, Washington, DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, or Dallas.
What You’ll Do:
- Meets and exceeds sales quota by making significant outbound telephone sales calls to prospects and/or renewing contracts
- Manage books of business, as well as enterprise deals, and upsell new products and services.
- Manages a geographic/vertical territory to sell all products and services to prospects via the telephone and face-to-face visits, when applicable.
- Research companies, gather prospect information, identify key players, and generate interest
- Handles all aspects of the renewal process for assigned Accounts, from contract and customer performance review through negotiations to closure
- Enters accurate prospect and sales data into Salesforce and related systems.
- Effectively manage a sales pipeline 3x monthly goal.
- Performs effective online presentations
- Work with Hearst legal department to negotiate terms and conditions on enterprise-level deals
- Globally sell into new digital media verticals like transportation, healthcare, telecommunications, etc
Who You Are
- Experience consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Experience hunting within Fortune 1000 accounts
- Comfortable selling to VPs and C-level executives
- Desired 5 years relevant outbound sales experience within Media
- Aptitude to grow the revenue of client base of assigned accounts.
- Ability to manage an enterprise sale, start to finish
- Ability to build rapport with client & prospect contacts and understand their business direction & short/medium-term needs.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Willingness to Travel, post-COVID.
- Experience with Salesforce and Powerpoint a must
- Experience with launching new products a plus