I. Position Summary:
Dedicated to advancing medical knowledge about cognitive aging, delirium and the interface between delirium and dementia, the Aging Brain Center (ABC), based at the Institute for Aging Research, a Harvard Medical School affiliate, is looking for a highly motivated individual to support their dynamic research team. This is an ideal position for an individual who wants to work and learn in a cutting edge research environment with the goal to improve the quality of life of older adults and their families. Tasks include but are not limited to supporting initiatives related to project dissemination, implementation, and evaluation as well as quality improvement, and training. For additional research and training efforts the Research Assistant will assist with the preparation of grants, manuscripts, IRB protocols, reports, presentations and webinars. The Research Assistant will also conduct literature searches, and maintain bibliographies. This position is excellent for an individual who is planning to apply for graduate or medical school.
II. Core Competencies:
· Communication: Absorbs, comprehends and exchanges information with others, enhancing mutual understanding of ideas, issues and desired action.
· Teamwork and Collaboration: Works effectively within a team, group and across the organization and accomplishes tasks and desired results while behaving constructively as opposed to separately and competitively.
· Results Orientation: Focuses on delivering superior performance by setting and achieving stretch goals.
III. Position Responsibilities:
· Provide direct assistance to a variety of quality improvement, implementation, and training programs, including creating webinars; scheduling and coordinating group meetings, seminars; coordinating national conferences; creating agendas and timelines
· Performing academic literature searches utilizing diverse literatures databases
· Screen and synthesize literature and identify articles for various bibliographies
· Assist with IRB submissions
· Support the preparation of presentations, talks and webinars Prepare webinars and meetings
· Provide coordination and assistance with preparation of toolkits, website resources, grants, manuscripts, study protocols, and training materials
· Assemble support documents for grant submissions
· Develop agendas and write minutes of group meetings
· Assist with monitoring timelines and deliverables for all projects
· Build and maintain social media and communication/dissemination channels for all programs
· Assist with creating summaries and data tables as requested by the ABC leadership
· Assist with identifying funding sources and maintain a timeline for application deadlines
· Assist with updating and maintaining the center’s bibliographies
· Assist with creating, updating and maintaining the center’s websites
· Provide administrative and organizational support for the ABC leadership
· Complete special projects as assigned by the ABC leadership
· Assist with training and oversight of tasks assigned to other staff and trainees
· Occasional weekend and evening work hours required
· The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, which would be in conformity with the level of the position
· Minimum BS/BA with relevant experience
· Prior research experience in healthcare or other related research strongly preferred
· Must have experience in working with IRBs
· Must have experience in supporting grant and research paper writing processes
· Must have experience in academic literature searches and in using Endnote
· Must have excellent writing and communication skills
· Must have attention to details and organizational skills
· Must be independent performer with the ability to follow directions
· Must maintain and sustain confidentiality at all times
· Knowledge of research terminology and methods preferred
· Must be highly adaptable to competing deadlines and changes in priorities
· Must be a professional, resourceful, proactive, collaborative, conscientious and results-oriented individual
· Must be creative and proactive yet disciplined, discriminating, and able to streamline work volume in order to maintain bottom line efforts in midst of multi-tasking and daily re-prioritizing
· Must have ability to innovate, think strategically and conceptually, manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle difficult situations
· Must demonstrate respect and professionalism
· Must demonstrate flexibility with regards to project demands, technologies, schedule changes, coverage of gaps, and unanticipated project needs
· Computer literacy required; experience with Windows, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint required.
· Experience with WordPress or similar website CMS and MailChimp preferred.
V Physical Requirements
Please refer to physical requirements sheet in OH.