About Helpsy Health Inc
Helpsyhealth.com is the world’s first AI nurse, using a whole-health approach involving integrative medicine to make a clinical impact. We use AI and machine learning algorithms to provide therapies to manage symptoms on our app and web platform. We are deeply devoted to allowing people, especially those with chronic conditions, to live their lives to the fullest.
We are offering multiple internship positions for the upcoming calendar year. These internships require a minimum of 15-25 hours/week of time commitment over a period of at least 4-6 months. Our internship opportunities offer the opportunity to work at a unique digital-health startup. Interns will find Helpsy an excellent place to grow and develop their skills while contributing in a startup environment. All positions allow remote work location.
All internships are unpaid, however you will get the opportunity to network with experienced people in the industry, learn from the people who are in the industry that you look forward to joining, develop leadership and other new skills depending on the internship and have the advantage of working from home at your own schedule. If you are a student (and students are encouraged to apply!), we can arrange for class credit.
Who are you? Great question! You’re someone who is effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility. You’re a problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo, and are always looking for creative solutions. Highly analytical and a good communicator. You can, not only, knock out a complex analysis, but can also quickly distill key insights and always find the right tone. You possess the interpersonal skills to work quickly across multiple teams and stakeholders. You have experience in technical tools (e.g., Google Suits, Excel) and have a willingness to further develop this skill set.
Interns gain valuable experience while making the world a healthier, more pain-free place.
Job Title: QA (Quality Assurance) Automation & Manual Testing Intern
We are seeking a QA Automation Engineer with a focus on automated Mobile testing to join our growing QA team. As a QA Automation Engineer, you will mainly be responsible for testing mobile applications (Android). You will be automating new and existing test cases in an existing codebase. You should be great at writing test cases, knowing what to look for when the time comes to test software increments, and knowing key areas to automate. Some manual testing will be required. This resource must reside in the United States. This candidate can work 100% remote from home.
- Interact with product and development teams for a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
- Design, develop and execute automation test scripts & test results for Web applications, iOS, Android Phone apps
- Generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles using Selenium & Appium
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using JIRA
- Have experience with tools like Selenium, Appium, and Jenkins.
- Have experience using issue tracking tools like Jira.
- Have experience using Git for version control.
- Review requirements and identify areas to be tested.
- Develop automation suite(s) from the ground up in existing project codebase.
- Provide manual testing where applicable.
- Write test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts. Define, collect, and document data for testing. Identify, log and review defects.
- Maintain and retire test cases and test scripts at the end of the work effort. Maintain traceability between test cases/scripts and requirements. Ensure that all testing results are easily accessible.
- Create framework components and reusable functions for automation and performance testing.
- Build user documents and script maintenance instructions for automation and performance testing scripts.
- Assist with deployment testing.Ensure that the team follows the testing standards, guidelines, and testing methodology as specified in the testing approach.
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in engineering, computer science, or related field
- Experience programming in C++, Java or other computer programming languages
- Experience with selenium and appium
- Experience, or ability to learn quickly: JIRA
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of algorithms, data structures and other systems architecture factors that affect code quality, performance and customer experience
- Experience and/or interest working in a startup or digital health environment
As soon as all necessary documents are received. All internships are currently remote.
Hours and Pay
This is an unpaid opportunity, but we can exchange for class credit. Hours are flexible. We are ideally looking for someone who can dedicate 15-20 hours per week for 4-6 months (6 months preferred). For a part-time internship 250 hours or more are required for completion of the internship.
Please send to email@example.com:
- Preferred pronouns
- Cover letter (optional)