Are you looking to gain experience in data analytics and business intelligence? Heritage Christian Services has a great opportunity for you. Heritage Christian is a thriving human services agency in Upstate New York that works to make sure everyone – including children, older adults and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities – feels valued and respected.
As a Business intelligence Intern you will work with a team to capture data, transform that data into a BI model using Microsoft tools & business logic, then facilitate access to this model to provide actionable insights. Your internship will culminate with the creation of dashboards that will better inform decisions at Heritage Christian Services. This internship opportunity will help you jump start your career in data analytics.
- Share best practices and recommendations on Power BI utilization and process efficiencies.
- Assist with the implementation of the agency’s data management strategies.
- Work with management, departments and affiliates to collect requirements for data systems and reports.
- Develop queries to extract data for end user’s needs.
- Test reports and use problem solving skills to determine problems’ root cause and suggest solutions.
- Develop reporting usage procedures to improve data quality, accuracy, literacy, and availability.
- Design and execute automated procedures interfacing with systems to report business analytics and support indicators.
- Document report logic and operations.