The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the development of strategies and execution for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors with special focus on securing $25,000+ gifts for the Homes with Heart campaign. To support the mission, vision and values of Heritage Christian Services, Inc.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 120 prospects. Meet in-person with a monthly average of thirty prospects or donors, with ten to fifteen solicitations.
- Develop strategies for building successful, relationships between prospects and Heritage Christian Services with the goal of soliciting and closing gifts of $25,000 and above.
- Within the first three months, will work directly with the Executive Director of the Foundation, Campaign Committee and Foundation staff to meet donors and board members.
- Within the first six months, will utilize data and insights from the campaign committee, colleagues and senior leadership to develop a cultivation and fundraising plan for various prospects and donors.
- Monitor and pursue all campaign timelines and goals.
- Maintain an active schedule of moves management interactions (identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship) regionally.
- Manage donor records within Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT, including documentation of donor contact notes and next steps in the cultivation process for each donor/prospect interaction.
- Develop and follow a tracking system that will instill a culture of accountability for planned actions and results on the part of all parties involved.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Three- to five- years of work experience as a successful major gifts officer, including leading donor cultivation and in-person solicitation; or individuals who instead possess significant consultative sales success outside of the field of advancement/fundraising will be considered.
- Ability to think collaboratively, strategically and creatively while participating in decision making
- Insightful, articulate and persuasive communicator who is committed to the support of advancement. Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Experience using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT donor management system preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business or related degree or equivalent experience