Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Pre-Sales Intern for our Novi, MI location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
Application Engineers work on a broad variety of applied engineering (Computer Aided Engineering – CAE) projects aligned to the needs of our software customers. In general, this work involves using one or more of software products to help solve customer’s real-world problems or facilitate efficiency in the use of the software by our customers. As a Pre-Sales Intern you will be provided training on one or more of the following software applications in line with an identified customer project. Following training, you will be partnered with a senior engineer to mentor and oversee the execution of the project. You will be given a problem statement and will work with your engineering mentor to develop a statement of work leading to a success solution to the problem. Once developed and approved, you will use the statement of work to guide your work (semi-independently) through the various tasks outlined. You will have regular check-ins both planned and ad hoc with your engineering mentor to ensure timely response to questions and a steady and successful workflow.
Potential Analysis Focus Areas:
• Structural Analysis (linear & non-linear)
• Multi-Body Dynamics (MBD)
• Fatigue • Metal forming (including welding and additive)
• Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
• Learn assigned software product(s)
• Apply sound engineering theory to solution development
• Provide engineering proof to support the analytical results
• Develop scripts (as needed) to support problem statement or to support workflow efficiency
• Develop final report summarizing problem, solution, and benefits
• Must be enrolled in an Engineering or other technical degree program and in good academic standing
• Ability to work Monday- Friday, 40 hours per week during the summer break
• Proficiency in Python programming preferred
• Graduate studies or pursuing graduate engineering strongly degree preferred
• Knowledge of one or more of Hexagon software products preferred
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed at which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that is second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employee Assistance Program
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant