This job is an integral member of an agile software engineer team responsible for building scalable software applications across all digital channels to serve our customers. Responsible for taking an enterprise-wide, architectural view of the solutions and the technical execution of products using the technical stack that best meets the needs of the platform. The associate and team will be involved in every aspect and part of the software application build process from idea generation, business analysis, technical design and software development using the latest technologies and design patterns.
- Assists and actively participates on project teams in various project roles.
- Research best practices, leading technologies, and emerging industry trends for consideration in design and improvement relating to rotations.
- Assists in collaborating with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Takes part in analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing less complex application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
- Utilizes and participates in the full system less complex development life cycle, per current standards.
- Designs and creates engineering specifications for software applications and programs.
- Writes code that adheres to coding standards set forth by the Principal Engineers.
- Performs code reviews.
- Helps in story creation (i.e. DoD, Acceptance Criteria, estimation). Creates Tasks for their stories in Digital AI, and updates status and assignment accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Have completed at least one quality internship in a relevant role to this position
- Active in one or more club, volunteerism effort, or other activity outside of the classroom
- Experience in at least one modern programming languages (Java, C++, or Perl preferred)
- Conceptual understanding of web service technology (API’s): Composite APIs, RESTFUL, JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, and SOAP
- Experience with at least two of the following: NodeJS, Oracle Database, NoSQL databases, SQL, Linux and JCL
- Ability to translate technical design documents, design mockups/prototypes and user stories into working applications
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with software applications through debugging methodologies
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge/background with Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Web and Spring Batc
- Ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Project Delivery
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Written and spoken communication skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and sustain internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed
- Passion for user experience and improving usability