This job has the goal of providing the opportunity to acquire practical experience through direct exposure to various parts of our organization and to develop the next generation of diverse business leaders. To that end, the program will provide hands-on training and experience in corporate, customer, operations, or provider functions , and prepare participants for potential potential positions in the Leadership Acceleration Program (LAP). Typical responsibilities include, providing services to the day-to-day operating objectives of the assigned area, participating in projects and programs appropriate to the needs of the assigned area, participating in the planning and implementation of projects and initiatives, conducting research and reporting including recommendations or proposals for action.
- Complete assignments and project work in the assigned functional rotational area including gathering and synthesizing data into meaningful observations, analyzing, identifying, and problem solving various for situations. Present findings and recommendations to leadership and work-group at the close of the internship.
- Use analytical, organizational, and project management experience and skills to contribute in completing assigned projects.
- Research best practices, leading technologies, and emerging industry trends for consideration in design and improvement relating to rotations. Use educational and prior professional experience to operate in an advisory capacity, both to leaders within the assigned function and customers.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across business units, vendors, and partners during rotations.
- Perform work in compliance with all Highmark Health standards, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Full or part-time enrollment in an accredited college or university baccalaureate program
- Active in one or more club, volunteerism effort, or other activity outside of the classroom
- Must be legally authorized to work for any US employer without requiring sponsorship
- Leadership role in one or more club, volunteerism effort, or other activity outside of the classroom
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Project Delivery
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Written and Spoken Communication Skills
- Leadership and Inter-Personal Skills