The Analyst/Housing Business Development Professional will be responsible for providing analysis and operational support to the Housing Director located in the Austin, Texas office. As a member of the Housing Team, the Housing Business Development Professional will work closely with existing clients (Housing Finance Corporations) assisting in single family or multifamily affordable housing development, program administration for mortgage loan and/or Mortgage Credit Certificate programs and a variety of other wide ranging tasks; including assistance with Mortgage Backed Security (MBS) Sales, attendance at various client Board meetings, participation in conference calls related to affordable housing projects, etc. Position will also be responsible for advertisement placement for conference materials, membership/sponsorship opportunities with affordable housing organizations as well as reception/dinner arrangements for industry events.
Upon successful completion of the required Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board exams, the position will begin primary coverage for several of the Housing Director’s existing clients; eventually taking a more active role over time with client management/responsibility.
- Responsible for assisting in the day to day management and operation of the affordable housing operations located in Austin, Texas.
- Work entails daily communication and collaboration with the Housing Director to ensure client needs are met accordingly.
- Ability to quickly understand and learn the financing concepts related to affordable single family and multifamily programs/projects.
- Complete familiarity with Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac affordable lending products.
- Ability to master DBC Housing and Finance programs.
- Ability to master Bloomberg and TradeWeb programs.
- Ability to review and mark up legal documents related to our client’s transactions.
- Work closely with different departments within Hilltop Securities, such as, Arbitrage Rebate, Structured Finance, Accounting, Compliance, etc.
- Ability to make oral presentations to Housing Finance Corporation (“HFC”) Board of Directors and/or participation in panel discussions at industry events.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in one of the following fields; accounting, finance or business management preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in a banking, accounting or municipal securities environment providing operational support and data analysis.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point preferred. Prior working experience with Bloomberg, TradeWeb, as well as DBC Finance and Housing, a plus.
- Previous experience working in a municipal securities environment preferred.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to plan daily routines, work efficiently and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with a wide-range of individuals with varied backgrounds.
- Good project management skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with municipal clients and industry colleagues.
- Successful passage of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board examinations: Series 52 (or Series 7), 50 & 63 within a 12-month period of time.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time, including overnight travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the Company.