Hilltop Securities Inc. is currently looking for qualified students interested in public finance investment banking to join our team as a Public Finance Intern in Dallas, TX. Public Finance interns will work closely with the Public Finance team to gain hands-on experience in this line of business, including exposure to bankers and traders, opportunity to perform data analysis and deliver presentations to Public Finance leadership and training on municipal finance.
This will be a remote internship – US location is flexiable.
Professional Development Objectives: Participants in this program will gain a general knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance industry.
- Work directly with Traders and Public Finance bankers
- Perform financial data analysis
- Review client memos, assist with development of presentation materials and proposals for new and existing clients
- Shadow full-time employees as they interact with potential and existing clients
- Assist Public Finance bankers and disclosure departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Strong interest in public finance investment banking
- Proven self-starter who can initiate tasks and follow up to completion to produce high quality results in a timely manner
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Rising juniors and seniors studying finance or related degree
- Candidate MUST have authorization to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship, whether in student status or not