Government Contracting Auditor
Bellevue, NE, USA • Colorado Springs, CO, USA • Fairfax, VA, USA • Winnebago, NE 68071, USA Req #4117
Thursday, September 16, 2021
The Government Contracting Auditor is responsible for Ho-Chunk, Inc.’s internal monitoring of its government contracting subsidiaries within the Compliance and Ethics Department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct periodic internal audits for our government contracting businesses that include All Native Group, Flatwater Group, and Ho-Chunk Construction Group, and others as-needed.
- Write policies and procedures related to compliance and ethics activities.
- Assist with audit reports and related corrective actions.
- Monitor laws and regulations to inform the Compliance and Ethics Department of industry changes.
- Develop risk management strategies.
- Identify compliance or ethics issues that require follow-up.
- Assist with the filing of reports with tribal, federal, and state regulatory agencies.
- Proficient in compliance management or documentation software.
- Collaborate with other Ho-Chunk, Inc. subsidiaries to ensure that policies and procedures are consistent across the organization.
- Collaborate with internal management teams on the development, implementation, and operation of compliance and ethics programs.
- Conduct employee training on compliance related topics.
- Assist with Compliance and Ethics related communication.
- Familiar with of SBA 8(a) Regulations, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and contract law.
- Ensure that all government contracts contain corporate compliant language.
- Familiar with anti-fraud program controls.
- Willingness to learn about Compliance and Ethics as a profession, including attending training through the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information.
- Will be involved in directing and training employees in compliance and ethics matters and will report to Compliance and Ethics Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business
Fosters teamwork and builds collaborative relationships
Risk assessment capabilities
Ability to understand laws and regulations
Attention to detail
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer for 80% of the work day.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Will be involved in directing and training employees in compliance and ethics matters and will report to Compliance and Ethics Director.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend hours may be required based on business needs.
Employee will be expected to travel between the Ho-Chunk, Inc. corporate office and various subsidiary locations in Nebraska, Colorado, and Virginia and others as-needed on a regular basis. Travel is expected 25% of the time for this position.
- CCEP preferred or a willingness to sit for the certification.
- Three or more years’ experience working within government contracting, business development, internal auditing, or corporate compliance.
- Formal training in corporate compliance or auditing preferred.
- Experience in dealing with compliance issues.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Law, Accounting, Finance, or a related field from a four-year college or university preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and situations.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under company insurance provider/program.
None required for this position
Compensation and Benefits
The expected compensation range for this position is $65,000.00 to $95,000.00 per year depending on experience. We offer comprehensive benefits that allow you to balance work and life. A benefits summary is available from this link: https://jobs.allnativegroup.com/categories/1/benefits/1/employee-benefits
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type Salary