Home Partners of America is an owner and operator of high-quality, single-family, retail homes. Our mission is to help more people get into great homes, in the neighborhoods they love, while preserving the opportunity to build a more secure financial future. This commitment to making homeownership a reality is made possible through a unique business model that leverages data and analytic capabilities on Home Partners’ technology-enabled operating platform. We are a dynamic organization poised for growth and expansion into the future and are looking to hire passionate and energetic employees.
HPA’s Product team is looking for talented, passionate students with uncanny analytical skills, and an impressive ability succeeds in a fast-paced collaborative peer environment for our Product Design (UX/UI) internship. This role will focus on the iterative design process in research, brainstorming, ideation, and product execution to help families find homes and bridge the gap to homeownership. This position is based in our downtown Chicago office.
- Conducting user research with customers across multiple platforms.
- Creating requirements documents that identify problems to be solved, customer needs, and proposed solutions.
- Mapping out customer journeys, friction points, and industry best practices.
- Working with stakeholders to develop prototypes, mockups and incremental enhancements.
- Creating design documentation for interaction behavior and new features during and after development.
- Currently in a relevant program at a college/university or UX/CS/Graphic Design program.
- You must share a portfolio of your work/personal projects.
- Exceptional communication, presentation skills, organizational, and analytical skills.
- An obsession for customer research.
- An ability to dive into the details but also step back and see the bigger picture.
- A curiosity and passion for design and crafting amazing experiences.
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders.
Home Partners of America and Pathlight Property Management are Equal Opportunity Employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions including the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, veteran or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations in which we operate.