HOMER has an open opportunity for an Account Relationship Manager to join our growing team to drive strategic partnerships for HOMER! This role will report into our New York or Los Angeles office (upon re-opening) or we may consider remote in select US locations.
HOMER, a BEGIN brand, is the proven early learning program that provides children ages 2-8 with the best educational start possible. We offer personalized, fun, and proven learning products for kids to help build confidence, mastery, and a love of learning. We are deeply committed to our members and to their children, and we are building a creative and strategic team to develop a portfolio of early learning products that support learning everywhere.
HOMER currently partners with beloved children’s brands like Sesame Workshop, LEGO, and Scholastic, among others. Reporting into our Director of Business Development, the Account Relationship Manager will play a key role in Business Development at HOMER as a lead contact for partners, overseeing partners focused on driving acquisition, awareness, and revenues for the HOMER membership service. You will work alongside internal HOMER marketing, product, and content teams to deliver high ROI partnerships that meet core company goals.
Account manage existing and new partners
- Research and source new partners according to HOMER and partner goals and develop strategic pitches to meet mutual needs
- Build relationships, set timelines, and manage partnerships from the initial pitch to ongoing campaigns to drive customer acquisition and revenues
- Execute partnership work requiring cross team support – this will include understanding partner needs and managing the fulfilment of those needs with the help of HOMER’s marketing, learning, and product teams
- Organize departmental collateral, notes, and contracts
Create outstanding partner collateral
- Develop custom decks to explain HOMER generally and the unique opportunities for each partner
- Create proposals, overviews, and case studies to engage and inform both partners and the internal HOMER team
- Inspire and engage partners through verbally and visually captivating presentations and materials
Manage reporting and analysis of partnership efforts
- Ensure proper tracking of partnerships, both quantitatively and qualitatively, to measure return on investment
- Understand reporting tools in order to report trials, subs, revenue and conversion rates for partners
- Maintain and organize tracking spreadsheets alongside the wider BD team and Finance
- Build basic forecasts to understand partner opportunity size
- Support clear communication of partnership results internally amongst the HOMER team
- 3+ years experience in Account Management, Business Development, Marketing or related field
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Relationship/account management skills and experience
- A positive, resourceful attitude and desire to find solutions to challenges
- A deep curiosity and interest in learning the ins and outs of HOMER and partner organizations
- Basic project management skills and understanding – identifying the tasks and steps required to move projects forward
- Highly analytical thinking and proficiency in Excel – you’ll need to be able to seamlessly work with Pivot tables and other functions within spreadsheets
- A passion for bringing the HOMER early learning program to families and children around the world
- Experience at children’s media or consumer subscription business
- Experience at a start-up organization
- Experience working with analytics platforms and Business Intelligence tools
What you’ll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits.
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers.
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of learning to children globally!
HOMER is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At HOMER, we are committed to building a diverse team of talented people who are passionate about creating educational content kids love. We believe in fostering a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. At HOMER, we know that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just an idea, a one-time initiative, or phrases to throw into a job post: they’re a daily practice and an ongoing conversation. We survey our team about inclusivity, run training on DEI topics, and have a committee to ensure we are all continuing to learn and grow.