HOMER has a newly created opportunity for an Influencer Marketing Intern to join our growing team! This role will report to our Influencer Marketing Manager. This role is fully remote based in select US locations*.
HOMER is the essential early learning program for kids 2-8. Powered by the HOMER Method, the most effective way for your child to learn— our expert-designed proprietary learning framework is research-backed and kid-tested to give your child the best start to their learning journey. Focused on both academic and personal skills, HOMER develops confident learners prepared for both school and life.
Brand Ambassador Program: HOMER’s ambassador program is comprised of micro-influencers recruited by the HOMER brand to create and share product testimonial-based content with their audience with the goal of driving brand awareness and most importantly, trial starts. Once onboarded into our program through our ambassador management platform (GRIN), these micro-influencers become part of our program and are compensated through GRIN at a fixed cost for every trial start they drive.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to support our influencer marketing manager in scaling our Brand Ambassador recruitment and onboarding efforts.
Hours: 10-15 Hours/ week. Flexible days and hours.
Duration: At least 4-6 weeks to start, with intent to continue
Role Responsibilities: Actively source, evaluate, pitch, and negotiate strong partnerships with micro-influencers and content creators on an ongoing basis to build and scale our program.
- New member prospecting and outreach: (70% of the time)
- Work with the Influencer marketing manager to determine influencer brand fit and audience alignment
- Ongoing research and list generation of potential prospects with our program management platform GRIN.
- Manage day-to-day communications with prospect program members via Grin and platform DM’s (primarily Instagram & TikTok)
- “People of Influence” prospecting and outreach (20% of the time)
- Work with the brand team to develop a prospect list of “people of influence”, or non-career influencers who have amassed clout and a big following due to the nature of their profession
- Partner with the influencer marketing manager to draft the outreach strategy and communications to this cohort
- Lower Tier BA’s (sub 10K followers) (10% of the time)
- Prospecting and outreach to lower-tier BAs with high engagement rates to support program growth
- Funneling recruits and incoming requests from smaller influencers or non-influencers to our affiliate platform, Impact
- At least 1+ years of internship or work experience in social and/or influencer marketing in a professional setting
- A charismatic and proactive style of communication desired for external communication
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Deep understanding of social media platforms as they pertain to creators, influencers, trends, and the HOMER customer – especially on TikTok and Instagram.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong oral and interpersonal skills. Can communicate professionally, effectively, and concisely with ease.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with the GRIN influencer marketing platform is a plus
*Remote Locations: AL, CA, CT, FL, GA, ID, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NE, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WY.
This role is not eligible for CO state.
HOMER is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At HOMER, we are committed to building a diverse team of talented people who are passionate about creating educational content kids love. We believe in fostering a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. At HOMER, we know that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just an idea, a one-time initiative, or phrases to throw into a job post: they’re a daily practice and an ongoing conversation. We survey our team about inclusivity, run training on DEI topics, and have a committee to ensure we are all continuing to learn and grow.