HOMER has a newly created opportunity for a Part-Time Talent Acquisition Intern to join our growing team! This role may be remote in select US locations* or report into our New York office in a hybrid capacity.
HOMER, a BEGiN brand, is the proven early learning program that provides the best educational start possible. We offer personalized, fun, and proven learning products for kids ages 2-8 to help build confidence, mastery, and a love of learning. We are deeply committed to our members and to their children, and we are building a creative and strategic team to develop a portfolio of early learning products that support learning everywhere.
Reporting into our Senior People Operations Specialist, the Talent Acquisition Intern will support the recruiting efforts for a rapidly scaling organization.
- Support our people operations team to recruit and to support our business growth plans. This internship will be dedicated to recruiting select roles, such as teaching instructors or other entry level positions
- Review resumes, conduct preliminary screening, and help facilitate our interview process steps with hiring managers
- Proactively source candidates using LinkedIn and other external networks to build a talent pipeline for hiring managers
- Communicate and engage with sourced candidates throughout the hiring process
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 1+ years internship experience in Talent Acquisition
- Must have the ability to dedicate 15-20 hours per week to this internship (ideally 2-3 hours per day but flexible on schedule)
- Strong aptitude and interest in building relationships and speaking with candidates
- Highly organized and great at prioritizing, multi-tasking and follow up
- Extremely high ethical standards and the ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
- Team player attitude, with the ability and interest to step into any projects
- Adaptability to the work environment and ability to manage competing demands, dealing with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Greenhouse ATS or other applicant tracking systems
- Pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Business, or other relevant fields
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
- Love and are willing to learn through hands-on experience
- Are scrappy, entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
What you’ll get:
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers.
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally!
*Remote Locations: AL, CA, CT, FL, GA, ID, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NE, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WY. This role is not eligible for the CO state.
HOMER is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At HOMER, we are committed to building a diverse team of talented people who are passionate about creating educational content kids love. We believe in fostering a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. At HOMER, we know that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just an idea, a one-time initiative, or phrases to throw into a job post: they’re a daily practice and an ongoing conversation. We survey our team about inclusivity, run training on DEI topics, and have a committee to ensure we are all continuing to learn and grow.