HSS Education Institute
Academic Training Department
Student Intern Position
The mission of HSS Education Institute at Hospital for Special Surgery is to be a source for outstanding initiatives in education, training, research and information for local, national and international communities to prevent and treat musculoskeletal conditions and enhance patient care.
The Academic Training Department prepares Medical Students, Residents and Fellows for careers in musculoskeletal medicine and related disciplines. The hospital’s training programs are designed to help these trainees become adept in these areas of musculoskeletal medicine and allow them to master the patient relations skills that are at the heart of the practice of humanistic medicine.
The Academic Student Intern will provide support to the Academic Training Department in the following areas:
- Perform administrative work in support of operations including organizing electronic files, processing academic appointments, and updating the departmental intranet page.
- In conjunction with Academic Training team, assists with scheduling trainee rotations in the trainee electronic management system, as well as any necessary platform maintenance.
- Collaborates with the Graduate Medical Education (GME) Manager in planning events such as trainee wellness initiatives, educational seminars, and monitoring compliance in areas such as evaluations and work hours.
- Support the GME Manager in analyzing fellow data, such as milestones and program evaluations by fellowship over time.
- Collect information and assist in the preparation of onboarding fellows in conjunction with the Fellowship Coordinator.
- Provide reports and credentialing support as needed to the Fellowship Coordinator.
- Support the GME Accreditation Specialist in maintaining accurate records for the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), tracking ACGME required surveys, and in preparing for ACGME site visits.
- Participate in HSS Education Institute meetings, projects, and activities.
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
Schedule: Ability to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week on weekdays for the duration of the internship. The position can be hybrid.
Small Stipend or Course credit available may be offered (on a case by case basis)
Undergraduate upperclassmen are encouraged to apply
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Zoe Heisler, MPH
HSS | Hospital for Special Surgery
535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021