Due to our exciting and rapid growth, HPR is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Software Engineer III) to join our growing team. Valued for your creative ideas and enthusiasm, you’ll be collaborating with developers, designers, and programmers who live and breathe innovation.
HPR’s award-winning, global technology is building tomorrow’s banking and capital markets infrastructure today. Our visionary technology strips away complexity and injects simplicity to drive results. Riskbot® and Softbot®, our flagship products, provide a global platform featuring ultra-low latency Direct Market Access, Pre-trade and At-trade risk management. New products include low-latency data, real-time surveillance and reporting for regulatory compliance worldwide. Headquartered near Boston, MA, HPR is the leading provider of high-performance enterprise solutions for supercomputing and financial services.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Utilize expertise in low-level programming as well as proven leadership abilities to advance our global platform featuring ultra-low latency Direct Market Access, Pre-trade and At-trade risk management. high performance computing and electronic trading
- Provide the necessary guidance and hands-on delivery of the design, development, and debugging of C applications that run on multi-core Linux systems to process large amounts of high-throughput, low-latency network data
- Become a key contributor to our process and team culture, continually iterating on howwe build products, not just on what we build
- Collaborate directly with customers that are using the products that you develop
- Use tools such as Jira, Confluence, and GIT for planning, documentation, and version control.
- Create, improve, and maintain CI systems for continuous testing and releases.
- Develop scripts to automate organizational processes such as release and deployments.
- MS/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related
- Proven C programming skills (5 years)
- Expertise in Linux application development (5 years)
- Experience with scripting language such as Python and Shell (5 years)
- Expertise with socket programming and TCP (3+ years)
- Demonstrated ability to work through complex engineering obstacles and proven success leading engineering teams to efficient and accurate solution to these problems
- Desire to mentor and drive the success of junior engineers
- Proven experience defining test scenarios and test cases to ensure quality of team deliverables
- Proficient with concurrency and multi-threaded architectures
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Financial market knowledge