Hudson, a nationally leading immigration law firm specializing in employment-based visa petitions, is seeking strong, versatile writers for full-time writing positions. A technical writing and editing associate will be responsible for drafting legal documents for immigration petitions, including recommendation letters and petition letters. A legal background is not required, but experience in efficiently and accurately summarizing complex information and/or scientific research is very helpful. A background in academic or technical writing is also desirable.
This position is an excellent opportunity for those who are interested in law to receive training and exposure to the field of federal law and to work on cases related to the advancement of the interests of the United States. It also offers a unique and fulfilling opportunity for those wishing to bolster and diversify their professional writing skills and expertise.
Ideal applicants should be able to work at least 40 hours every week.
- Draft and prepare technical/legal documents and letters based on internal materials
- Revise documents according to internal specifications and client feedback
- Perform technical and academic research on a wide range of scientific topics
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to gain a basic understanding of a variety of different scientific topics
- Ability to present complex research in clear, concise prose accessible to a wide audience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Outstanding client service skills
- A high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Strong computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Professional writing and/or editing experience
- A degree in a writing-related undergraduate or graduate program
Compensation and Benefits:
The average annual compensation for this position is $49,000 to $50,000. The compensation structure includes a guaranteed base salary ($35,000), signing bonus, various other bonus opportunities (awarded monthly), as well as eligibility for overtime compensation. The position will start from Writer I for the initial 3-5 months of the trial period. Once the position passes the trial period and becomes Writer II, the base salary will be adjusted as $38,000. There are different KPI expectations for Writer I and Writer II positions.
There are multiple tracks for advancement, all of which are accompanied by compensation adjustments. Additionally, an automatic base salary adjustment is applied annually, separate from any adjustments that may be obtained through advancement.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- various PPO plans to meet differing coverage needs
- employer covers 50% of monthly premium
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, with 6-8 weeks of paid maternity leave covered under disability insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Fitness membership and qualifying equipment reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays.
- Referral bonus program
Job Locations – Ann Arbor, Pittsburgh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Athens, Amherst, Philadelphia, Charlottesville, or WFH
Visit Hudson’s online recruiting platform: https://hudson.talentopia.com/ to upload your resume.
There’ll also be a grammar test and a short writing test. Please note that there are time limits to both tests.