FIXED-TERM PART-TIME JOB VACANCY
Development and Outreach Department
New York Office
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking a temporary Assistant to provide administrative assistance to the Development Operations (“DevOps”) Unit, specifically in supporting the Donor and Subscriber Services Desk. This position is full-time at 40 hours per week starting in September 2021 through January 2022. Candidates may be based anywhere in the United States but will be expected to keep eastern timezone working hours. The Assistant reports to the Development Operations Associate Director and also supports other members of the Development Operations Unit.
Due to Covid-19, many of our global offices are currently closed or operating in reduced capacities. The successful candidate may be required to work remotely until offices fully re-open. We recognize that this moment, during the pandemic, is a uniquely difficult time for most people, particularly those with caregiving responsibilities, and we aim to be as flexible and supportive as possible in both the recruitment for and onboarding of this position.
1. Working in Salesforce’s Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP) and Engaging Networks to maintain data integrity and assist with global audits, duplicates, adjustments, merges of constituent records, and reports;
2. Corresponding with donors to take donations, cancel recurring donations, process refunds, update their contact details, supply replacement acknowledgment letters, and fulfill other membership requests and cultivation needs;
3. Handling online and offline failed payments and payments at risk of failing;
4. Updating and maintaining lists for direct marketing suppressions, US wire transfers, and stock gift correspondence and acknowledgements;
5. Triaging and maintaining our Zendesk platform of global inquiries;
6. Pulling donor reports from our Matching Gifts platforms and updating information for our caging company;
7. Performing other responsibilities as may be required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer sciences or a related field or is desirable.
Experience: One year of relevant work experience is highly desirable.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail are highly desirable.
2. Experience with Salesforce, Engaging Networks or another donor database is required.
3. Experience with Marketing Cloud is highly desirable.
4. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills in order to communicate with a wide variety of audiences, including donors, are required.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
6. Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
7. Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
8. Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team is required.
Other: Applicants for this position must possess valid US work authorization.
Salary: The pay rate for this position will be US$ 17.00 per hour.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by visiting our online job portal at careers.hrw.org. No calls or email inquiries, please. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, please email email@example.com. Due to the large response, application submissions via email will not be accepted and inquiries regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.
Human Rights Watch is strong because it is diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds based anywhere to apply. Human Rights Watch does not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of socio-economic backgrounds and perspectives on the world. Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer.
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.