The Internal Auditor 1 develops, plans and evaluates internal audit programs for the organization’s accounting and statistical records and the activities of various departments to ensure compliance with the organization’s policies, procedures and standards. The Internal Auditor 1 work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
The Internal Auditor 1 determines proper accountability of assets. Audits accounting records of contract agreements in which the organization is involved. Prepares reports for management on the results of audits, providing recommendations on improvements. Interfaces with and assists outside auditors to expedite their work. Understands own work area professional concepts/standards, regulations, strategies and operating standards. Makes decisions regarding own work approach/priorities, and follows direction. Work is managed and often guided by precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional standards with some interpretation.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Less than 3 years of audit experience
- Likes to focus on the “big picture” and thrives in a fast paced, multi-project work environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple or competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written Implementation and execution skills. Problem solving skills
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Prior audit experience (e.g. creating audit work papers)
- Certifications such as CPA, CIA, CFE, or PMP (or in process of obtaining)