Graduate Intern, Renewable Energy Investments
ibV Energy is a US national developer of large-scale solar and storage power plants. We are the US subsidiary of a major global solar IPP, with a fast-moving and dedicated team of development professionals. To date, our pipeline includes close to 1 GWp of solar PPAs and a development pipeline of over 1.5 GW. Recently, our team initiated the development of over 3 additional GWs of solar and storage projects, mainly across MISO, PJM, SPP and WECC.
This is a high profile role reporting directly to the CEO of the Company. We seek candidates with applied experience with financial and budgeting roll-up models, crafting consultant presentations, data analysis and understanding investment risks, preferably in the energy space. You will be a central part of C-suite operations and for the right candidate, this position may transform into a full-time position, post-graduation.
Position & Impact
You will proactively help Group Heads into translating project risks, timeline, budgets and financial opportunities into presentable deliverables for Board level decisions. A deep understanding of financial modeling and creating consulting presentations is required, as is the ability to work across divisions to shape the ‘investment story’. The work you do will seed real solar and storage investments across the United States, so having some understanding of how generator projects are developed is a plus. Candidates with an investment banking, accounting, project development, corporate finance, budget forecasting and/or strategic consulting background are highly encouraged to apply.
- Create and maintain complex investment budgets and models for internal and external parties to evaluate renewable energy projects during various stages of pre-development, development, construction and operations, on an individual and portfolio basis.
- Independently develop and run sensitivities in models and quantify resultant impact on sponsor IRR and margin.
- Assist in business development functions, including creating proposals for RFPs and external pitch meetings; perform project-related tax research and other financial research that may affect the project and portfolio models.
- Support in creating investment opportunity materials for Investment Committee presentations, including teasers, CIMs, and manage data rooms.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by the CEO.
If you are interested, please send your resume highlighting your knowledge and experience in the key areas noted above. We are seeking an individual to join our team within the next 45 days for this role.
Note, the Company is currently in the process of moving its headquarters to the Washington, DC area.