ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
We are seeking Alumni or post graduate candidates for this role.
The Director of Therapeutic Expertise:
- Assists with or is responsible for the review of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to identify and assigns
- appropriate Therapeutic Expertise staff to ensure appropriate oversight and scientific and medical input.
- Assists with or is responsible for the initial assessment of new RFPs to ensure that all of the appropriate
- Therapeutic Expertise staff are identified and included in the proposal process.
- Assists Senior Director/Executive Director/Vice President (VP) to ensure that each RFP is evaluated with the appropriate therapeutic Expertise staff (Therapeutic Experts, Scientific Affairs Experts, Feasibility Staff, Investigator Relations, Patient
- Access and Infectious Diseases Research Center), to determine if the proposed geographic regions can support the
- proposed RFP.
- Assists with or is responsible to coordinate global outreach of appropriate Therapeutic Expertise staff and therapeutic experts to provide key strategic content for RFP documents.
- Participates in developing new and existing business by monitoring and researching corporate pharmaceutical and biotech pipelines and providing data to therapeutic experts and appropriate business development staff.
- Contributes to identifying, prioritizing, and targeting clients and prospective clients.
- Develops and maintains long-term professional relationships with relevant personnel in targeted client accounts through regular contact.
- Responsible for working with the management team in Therapeutic Expertise to monitor overall utilization rates, billable hours, revenue and expenses.
- Assists with closing new strategic business opportunities.
- Interacts with clients and participates in client meetings as necessary to support and maintain new
- business. Trains study teams (therapeutic and protocol specific training).
- Works in a multidisciplinary effort with the assigned team to provide strategic input to ensure the successful site selection, country selection and patient accrual for proposed and awarded clinical trials.
- Ensures that all administrative responsibilities and reporting requirements are carried out in a timely fashion and according to company policies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of clinical research ideally in vaccine development and infectious disease
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.