iD Tech is looking for a Software QA Engineer with an analytical approach and an eye for detail to join a team that delivers unique, best-in-class products with exceptional quality. In this role, your responsibilities will include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and support troubleshooting issues found in the field. This position may work out of iD Tech’s main office in Campbell, CA or telecommute.
- Perform functional testing on a variety of software products
- Build, maintain and execute both test plans and test cases for frontend and backend systems
- Validate requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document, and track software defects start to finish
- Perform thorough regression testing
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to identify the potential for any operational issues and resolve the issues before the features are complete
- Preview new features to stakeholders throughout the project
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts and present metrics to the team and management
- Effectively coordinate with remote team members in different time zones
- Contribute to department and team improvements in efficiency
- 2+ years in manual testing experience including system, regression, and integration testing
- Experience in complex database/logic testing
- Experience testing websites on mobile devices
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and use them to draw logical conclusions
- Strong knowledge of current software QA methodologies and processes
- Excellent communication, documentation and typing skills
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Working knowledge of tools such as TestRail, Jira, etc.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Knowledge of SQL
If you are the person we need to join our QA Team and you want a casual, engaging environment, please apply now!
5 Reasons Why This is the #BestJobEver
- iD Tech has been voted a Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group 10 times!
- Strong remote infrastructure and work-from-home flexibility
- Purpose-driven company and a national leader in youth STEM education
- Employees receive FREE medical, dental and vision insurance
- Some of our extra perks include generous PTO, paid holidays and camp scholarships
Our Company. Our Mission.
Join our cast of talented, creative people who care deeply about revolutionizing STEM education for the next generation of game designers, programmers, web and app developers, filmmakers, tech leaders, and entrepreneurs. iD Tech engages over 50,000 students a year through our on-campus and online programs, and has over 450,000 alumni.
Committed to Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
At iD Tech, our mission is to build a place where ingenuity, diverse perspectives and talent can flourish. While we have a JEDI Council guiding these efforts, every person on our team is responsible for creating an inclusive space where people can grow, thrive and do their best work. As an equal opportunity employer, we foster a culture for advancement, contribution, and inspiration from all of our identities within iD Tech and our student community.
We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.