The Idaho Department of Lands (IDL) has an opening for a Financial Technician, Senior position located in our Boise staff office.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Responsibilities:
- Gather and manage information from a variety of business sources and accounting systems
- Prepare and process invoices and Accounts Receivable billing statements
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Complete financial account reconciliations, research errors, and prepare journal entries to process corrections
- Troubleshoot errors in automated accounting systems
- Assist in the preparation of Ad Hoc reports, as needed
- Research, analyze and prepare fiscal year-end closing packages as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Minimum Qualifications Notice:
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. If it is a written answer, please make sure you answer each question with enough detail to determine how you meet the requirements. Do not put “See resume” as your answer to written questions. Answer each written question thoroughly. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
Some knowledge of:
- Accounting principles and practices
- Financial record keeping methods
- Using advanced Microsoft Excel functions
- Researching and compiling financial information and preparing summaries and reports
- Using personal computers to retrieve, edit, and analyze financial data
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:Desired Qualifications:
- Processing accounts receivable invoices and statements
- Organizing, tracking, monitoring and incorporating documentation from multiple sources into a single work product
- Independently applying policies, procedures or regulations in determining if financial transactions are in compliance
- Using Microsoft Navision software, the State of Idaho STARS accounting software, and the State Controller’s Idaho Business Intelligence Solution
- Troubleshooting errors in automated accounting systems
- Reviewing and/or monitoring the work of others for accuracy
- Updating/modifying financial-related desk procedure manuals
- Providing excellent customer service
- Basic Accounting, debits and credits
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
Supplemental Questions Instructions:
Per IDAPA 15.04.01, only the top 25 applicants will be provided to the hiring manager.
The top 25 will be determined by the answers applicants provide in the supplemental questions. A subject matter expert (SME) will review each answer and determine if the applicant meets the qualifications described in each question.
Work experience must include: positions held, dates of employment, and responsibilities/duties performed. Education and/or training must include: field of course work, degree title, and additional applicable coursework.
Please contact the IDL careers at careers @ idl. idaho . gov for questions regarding the application process.
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) code for this position is a Covered (C) Based on the FLSA code for this position, compensatory time will accrue at a rate of 1 hour for every 1 hour of overtime worked. Vacation accrual is based on the FLSA code and accrual rates can be found at: https://dhr.idaho.gov/PDFs/Section2Vacation.pdf (Exception: Employees engaged in Fire Suppression activities for which overtime hours are earned will be paid at the rate of 1.5 times the hourly rate for each one hour of overtime worked. Payment will be made on the regular pay date corresponding to the pay period in which the overtime work occurred.)
Become part of an organization where you will work with dedicated people who are committed and skilled in managing and protecting Idaho’s natural resources.
The Idaho Department of Lands (IDL) believes in its employees and values stewardship, service, accountability and cohesiveness. Our goals emphasize our people and processes, financial stewardship, and customer focus. We strive for a culture in which leadership equips, entrusts and expects employees to make decisions in fulfillment of our mission. View our Strategic Plan here.
Under the direction of the Idaho State Board of Land Commissioners, IDL manages more than 2.4 million acres of state endowment trust land under a constitutional mandate to produce maximum long-term financial returns for public schools and several other State of Idaho institutions. Leases and other contracts are used to authorize revenue generating activities such as timber harvest, grazing, farming, mining, commercial use, residential use, and conservation in a prudent and sustainable manner.
Managing endowment trust lands is only part of our story. We also protect public resources such as water quality, fish, wildlife habitat, and recreation on public trust lands, and ensure the protection of water quality and other resources by overseeing forestry and mining practices across all ownerships in the state. We also work to reclaim abandoned mines in Idaho. One of our most important resource protection responsibilities is fire prevention and suppression. We also provide assistance to landowners to manage their forest lands, work with communities to plant trees in urban settings, help keep working forests working through the Forest Legacy Program, and work with many partners to promote healthy forests on a landscape level. IDL also is the administrative arm of the Idaho Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.
Trouble Applying Call:
Applicant Support Toll-free number: 1-855-524-5627
Monday through Friday
6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time