2021 Summer Student Internship – Digital Communications Intern
About the Digital Communications Intern role
The Digital Communications Intern will contribute to amplifying IDinsight’s impact by actively creating and disseminating content to specific target audiences on different online communication channels. The intern will be part of IDinsight’s Strategic Communications team and will have the opportunity to learn more about sector influence and media in the international development space, as well as contribute to improving lives by highlighting the value of data and evidence in achieving social impact.
We are seeking an intern that is passionate about making a difference, possesses great attention to detail and thrives in an entrepreneurial, global setting. The successful candidate will possess good writing, digital design and social media skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks under short deadlines.
- Passionate about global development and social impact;
- Knowledge of graphic design; ability to work with design programs and online tools including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Canva;
- Experience with Squarespace and other web design platforms;
- Ability to analyze data and results from websites (using Google Analytics) and social media;
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS;
- Experience with social media and social media management tools;
- Ability to manage up and communicate about multiple workstreams, demonstrating efficient time management;
- High level of conscientiousness and attention to detail – finishes work to completion.
Experience you will gain
As a digital communications intern, you will be able work and learn from different project teams across the globe and get a profound understanding of the different aspects of strategic communications in international development. During your summer internship, you will be able to gain the following experience and skills:
- Insight into the data-driven international development space, including how different social impact projects are conducted all around the world and across sectors;
- Deepened understanding of IDinsight’s sector influence and strategic communication goals, and how different communication workstreams contribute to growing influence across varied audiences (policymakers, funders, researchers, etc.);
- Ability to work with a multicultural, remote team across countries while managing high-priority work streams for top leaders within the organization;
- Opportunity to learn from a talented and fun team, including attending (virtual) brown bag events and professional development opportunities.
We require students to secure university funding whenever possible. For students without access to university funding, the internship will be paid by the applicable regional/functional team. A 10-12 week full-time commitment during the summer of 2021 is required. Exact start and end dates are flexible.