- Note: We are currently looking for and interviewing STEM candidates graduating in December 2021 for Software Test Engineer positions. If you can work part time from now until graduation in December (and then full time after graudation) and are interested in working on Illumina’s software test team, please apply for the position. We are looking for STEM engineers in Bioengineering, EE, ME, Chem E, CS, bioinformatics or similar who can come in right away and be comfortable working on software/hardware intergration on DNA Sequencing platforms.
- This role is to provide Manual, Integration and Automation Test support for Illumina’s instrumentation and data analysis software. As an software test engineer, you will work in a cross functional team to automate test cases and work on software integration on Illumina’s Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis instrument software.
The successful candidate must be a fast learner with strong sense of ownership, motivation, and detail orientated.
- Work independently in cross-functional teams to integrate, test, and automate tests on multiple applications
- Work in a scrum environment with daily standups, bi-weekly demos and sprint planning meetings
- Work collaboratively with other Manual and Automation engineers to build a sustainable and transferrable testing architecture for Automation and testing.
- Work with software developers, scientists and domain experts in understanding requirements of the software and translating test cases into automated test scripts and test cases
- Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Bachelor or Master Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Computational Science, or related stem field from an accredited university
- 0-2 years of experience testing or writing automated test scripts on an agile software team
- Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic understanding of biology/genetics/NGS preferred, but not required
- Working experience with object-oriented programming (such as C#) in Microsoft Visual Studio is highly desirable
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field of biology
- Familiarity with Gene Expression, Genotyping, Sequencing, Microarrays, and/or LIMS
- Understanding of Mechanical Engineering
- Possess proven troubleshooting skills
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships