iMarketResearch (iMR) is seeking motivated individuals to perform detailed, data-driven market research. Candidates must possess advanced degrees (M. S. or Ph.D.) in a quantitative field of study.
The Statistician is part of a passionate team in an emerging growth business, and is responsible for performing advanced statistical analyses for custom healthcare market research studies targeting physicians and patients. In order to extract the information that is needed for our clients to solve complex problems, the Statistician’s tasks include data mining, advanced statistical analyses, and predictive modeling. Ultimately, the findings from the aforementioned analyses provide strategic insights and advice to major pharmaceutical companies.
The ideal candidate will have an academic background in a quantitative field of study, an advanced degree, and prior experience performing multivariate data analyses. To be successful in this role, the candidate should possess excellent programming and analytical skills, strong time management and organizational habits, and the ability to communicate clearly as well as concisely.
- Recommend and create statistical designs to accurately answer research questions
- Develop and integrate large-scale data sets utilizing statistical programming languages such as R or Python
- Conduct advanced statistical modeling and econometric analyses such as conjoint analysis, discrete choice modeling (DCM), best-worst scaling (MaxDiff), latent class analysis, etc.
- Interpret, visualize, and infer conclusions from data analyses and research findings in a clear, coherent format.
- Participate in the creation of client deliverables, including PowerPoint reports and Excel-based spreadsheet simulators
- Stay current on and identify cutting-edge techniques for analytical, statistical, and marketing science innovations
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and deploy models and improve analytical solutions by providing data-driven recommendations
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Economics, Applied Analytics, Data Science, Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Psychometrics, Physics, or other quantitative fields
- Knowledge of the underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, economics, and analytics required
- Prior experience with exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis and testing, and model development
- Proficient in the use of SPSS, R, and Python to work efficiently at scale with large data sets
- Technical knowledge and skills including statistical programming, multivariate analysis, regression analysis, forecasting, latent class analysis, Bayesian analysis, and sampling required
- Knowledge of, or aptitude to learn conjoint analysis, discrete choice modeling (DCM), latent class and other segmentation methods, Markov Chain Monte-Carlo (MCMC) models, promotion response analysis, panel data analysis, and other computationally intensive methods (bootstrapping, boosting, etc.)
- Knowledge of hierarchical Bayesian linear and discrete choice modeling (DCM) is plus
- Expertise working with data visualization tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, ggplots, plotly, Matplotlib, seaborn, etc. ) is a plus
- Previous professional experience performing advanced data analysis and modeling is a plus
- Experience with big data
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Team player able to work closely with others
- Motivated self-starter that can successfully work independently and is able to multitask
- Strong attention to detail while swiftly executing the tasks at hand
- Good time management and organizational habits
- Demonstrate problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Passionate, driven, and motivated
- Intellectual curiosity with a voracious appetite for learning new and complex topics
Compensation and Benefits
- When applying, please specify your salary requirements.
- Comprehensive benefit package including healthcare, vacation, and holidays
- Results-oriented environment allows for flexibility in work hours and location, as long as expectations are consistently met
- Currently, due to COVID-19, all employees are working remotely from home.
About iMarketResearch (iMR)
iMarketResearch (iMR) is a market research and consulting firm focused on the pharmaceutical industry located in Newtown, PA, approximately 30 miles north of Philadelphia. The main office has free parking and is easily accessible by public transportation (Septa Regional Rail and Bus) and major highways (I-95, I-276, Route 1).
The company utilizes quantitative approaches to market research based on modern behavioral and data science. The ultimate objective is to inform the marketing strategy of the top pharmaceutical companies in the USA and abroad by predicting future behavior of physicians and their patients. iMR’s innovative methods cover topics including, but not limited to, product positioning, market segmentation, forecasting, and decision heuristics.