We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
The Procurement Intern will support the Procurement team with sourcing products and services, collaborating with cross-functional internal customers in investigating opportunities to lower costs, and executing category strategies. They will also assist the supplier relationship management, including negotiations.
This internship opportunity will be part-time, 15 hours per week. We will be as flexible as possible working around school schedules.
- Category strategy development, business integration and execution
- Business value optimization
- End to end knowledge of the Procure to Pay process
- Proficiency with Oracle ERP and Coupa data systems
- Project management skills
- Processing Requisitions into Purchase Orders
- Create, issue and follow up on RFPs
- Supplier correspondence
- Stakeholder communications
- Analytical initiatives (department spend)
- Report and presentation preparation
- Administrative activities
- Thrive in a demanding, dynamic, and rewarding environment
- Able to influence others, anticipate needs and be proactive
- Data-driven/strong analytical and reporting skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Supply Chain Management or related business management studies and/or experience
- Passion for tech industry and how Indigo’s technology can ‘Harness nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet’
- Microsoft office applications (eg. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH
- Supply Chain
- Commercial Operations