Indus Capital Partners, a hedge fund, is seeking a rising sophomore or junior to join the Trade Capture team this winter/spring 2021. The successful candidate will join a collaborative, collegial team. This internship will be an excellent opportunity to learn while contributing to a central part of Indus’ data repository. Due to the current environment, this internship will be remote, working from home.
· Responsible for ensuring the consistency and quality of historical portfolio data that feeds into Indus’ Bloomberg data systems. Help develop and enhance processes and documentation regarding data feeds.
· Reconcile historical data versus the old system to ensure Indus’ new data system is representative of the life of the firm.
· Effectively communicate progress, issues, and solutions to the Trade Capture team members to obtain their input and/or buy-in as appropriate
· Undergraduate students in Finance/Economics major from a reputable college
· Strong desire to work with financial data and systems
· Comfortable with MS Excel and basic knowledge of finance
· Experience with Bloomberg, a plus
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to convey information effectively
· Good organizational and time management skills
· Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
· Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic, team-oriented, and possess a strong work ethic