The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF)—a nonprofit, nonpartisan science and tech policy think tank—seeks a full-time communications intern for fall 2021, starting in September. The intern will assist with a range of activities related to the organization and promotion of ITIF and its policy research.
Due to uncertainties about the ongoing coronavirus threat, applicants must have their own computer, a broadband Internet connection, and a safe and appropriate place to telework.
- Research and track news coverage of ITIF and relevant policy issues to inform daily communications activities.
- Build media contact lists and support other contact management activities.
- Draft content for ITIF’s website.
- Assist in managing digital media accounts, including drafting posts for the ITIF Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts.
- Track performance metrics and assist in organizing a variety of communications processes.
- Support event planning and execution.
- Demonstrated interest in communications, public relations, technology, and/or public policy.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented, organized, and thoughtful manner.
- A creative, innovative, and proactive thinker.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with database management software and PR software (i.e., Vocus, Cision)
To apply for this position, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter (1 page max; please note preferred start and end dates for internship); and
- Resume (1 page max).
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. (Last updated July 9, 2021.)