Sustainable business is better business. AS part of ING’s wholesale banking business, we are using our financing, advisory products and services to actively support client’s transition to new sustainable business models that will ensure their success in the future. We finance change, because being sustainable is not just about reducing our own footprint, it is in all the choices we make—as a lender, as an investor and through the services we offer our customers. As a financial institution we can have more impact by helping our clients to become more sustainable through sustainable financing.
As we continue to grow in this area, we have an opportunity to engage our employees around all things sustainable – whether we are preparing them for a meeting to discuss our approach to sustainable finance or celebrating our colleagues who have become more sustainable at home or at work.
That is why we are looking for a multi-skilled communications/marketing intern to join our team. You will help support a special project focused on sustainability – one of the strategic priorities for ING’s Wholesale Bank.
In this position, you will support the creation of a digital sustainability hub that will be used by all staff in the Americas to engage, inform and share information around our activities in sustainability and sustainable finance. You will work closely and learn from a cross-section of colleagues from the firm who have come together to launch this special project as part of a global Wholesale Banking initiative.
You should have a strong interest in sustainability and the ability to research and organize information in a simple and engaging way while leveraging graphic design capabilities to create an engaging platform for our colleagues. Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
· Research and organize content to feature on the sustainability hub
· Design the hub and execute on that design
· Identify ways to make the hub engaging and interactive to drive traffic
· Present and implement hub improvements/enhancements
· Manage a production timeline, approvals, content
· Help keep the team accountable to deadlines
· Current college student working towards a degree in Communications, Marketing, sustainability or related field
· Proven experience in graphic design applications (PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, SharePoint)
· Knowledge/interest of sustainability topics not required, but a plus
· Superior communications skills – both written and verbal
· Creative thinker/detail-oriented tactician
· Ability to work well as part of a team, as well as independently
· Ability to deliver on agreed upon deadlines
· Ability to apply problem solving and process improvement techniques