Innovate! Inc. is seeking a Proposal Writer – Business Developer
This unique position is more than just technical writing. The Proposal Writer will support a small Business Development team in proposal deliverables and leading smaller proposal management efforts including setting schedules, assigning work packages and coordinating content submission from contributors, as well as final editing and formatting. The right candidate will also help position the company for future opportunities and partnerships by preparing marketing materials and summaries for website and social media postings.
The position allows the successful candidate to grow key proposal management skills and client experience in order to develop professionally and contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Remote – no location requirement
- RESPONSIBILITIES: Review solicitations/RFP/RFQ and prepare proposals in adherence to the requirements of the solicitation.
- Review RFPs to support proposal development plan, including schedule, compliance matrix, pricing documents, resource assignments, and proposal outline.
- Tailor proposal library templates, craft data calls to solicit required information to develop content for proposal sections following the proposal outline.
- Review and edit content provided by subject matter experts to ensure compliance with proposal outline and win themes while adhering to proposal schedule.
- Write compelling, compliant proposal sections that address the RFP requirements, the Statement of Work tasks, while highlighting win themes, features/benefits/advantages, risks/mitigation plans, and discriminators as appropriate.
- Search existing proposal content to tailor/leverage in technical, management, past performance sections as needed.
- Synthesize content from interviews, proposal archives, project documentation, and industry best practices to develop tailored proposal sections.
- Support continuous improvement of proposal development, knowledge base, and knowledge management processes.
- Provide direction to subcontractors involved in proposal preparation which includes pricing.
- Tailor resumes and past performance narratives
- Lead small task-order and RFI responses independently.
- Develop and prepare marketing materials/presentations for prospective clients/teaming partners.
- Assist in corporate marketing initiatives including social media postings, corporate website content updates, corporate capability statements.
- Create and update client/teaming partner profiles.
- Actively manage company pipeline in Salesforce
- Identify subcontractors/teaming partners to help the company successfully bid on projects.