Innovation Centre Denmark Boston & Consulate of Denmark is looking for a Communications Intern
Position: Communications Intern
Type of employment: Paid part-time opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate student with US work permit
Starting date: Position currently vacant – therefore as soon as possible
Location: 50 Milk Street 18th floor, 02109, Boston, MA, USA
Deadline for application: September 27th, 2021
Innovation Centre Denmark in Boston (ICDK Boston) and the Danish Consulate in Boston is seeking a talented and proactive, part-time Communications Intern to work in a multicultural environment. You will be part of a dynamic team of international colleagues focusing on innovation and sustainability.
ICDK Boston is the latest addition to the group of seven Innovation Centers globally. We are a partnership between the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science. Boston is a prolific Life Science ecosystem with some of the most advanced hospitals in the world, high-ranked universities like Harvard and MIT, the most successful Life Science companies, and a plethora of life science start-ups having sprung up and matured in this environment.
Our mission is to bridge research institutions, startups, SMEs and corporates as well as capital between Denmark, Boston, and the US East Coast. We aim to accelerate the entry of Danish Life Science, Health Innovation, Digital Solutions and the Green Transition into the US, scouting and facilitating knowledge sharing, networks and research cooperation. ICDK Boston is well positioned to catalyse these ambitions and is now expanding our team with a Communications Intern to support and advance our efforts.
Primary tasks include:
- Researching and creating content for Social Media platforms
- Assisting in planning and implementation of communication strategy
- Proofreading of written communication both on Social Media and with institutions, corporates, start-ups and academia stakeholders
- Speech writing in English
- Ensuring outward communication adherence with brand strategy
- Mapping of events, conferences, and happenings in the Boston Area and online within the fields of Life Sciences, Robotics, and Green Transition
- Assisting additional ad hoc projects
- Upper intermediate or advanced written and verbal English skills
- Purpose driven mindset
- Result driven, proactive and detail oriented
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and ability to meet deadline deliverables
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience with graphical design in Canva, Photoshop or similar
- An exciting, intercultural, dynamic, and purpose-driven work environment
- A collaborative, curious, diverse, and high-performing team
- Great opportunities for professional and personal competence development
- A standard monthly remuneration reflecting up to 10 hours of work per week.
You are expected to be in the office approximately 10 hours per week, Monday to Friday. We will work with you to find a suitable schedule based on classes and events, as well as show flexibility around finals and holidays.
Application and recruitment process
To apply for the position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, proof of relevant education, recommendations, and references) as one PDF file to email@example.com marked Communications Intern no later than September 27th 2021. Selected candidates will be invited for interviews – expected to take place primo October. The chosen candidate must present a “No Criminal Record” and pass security clearance by the Danish authorities prior to employment.
The Consulate attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age, or disability.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Office Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org