Insight Partners Overview
Founded in 1995, Insight Partners is a leading global venture capital and private equity firm investing in market-leading software ScaleUp companies. Some of these companies include Pluralsight, Qualtrics, Smartsheet, Alteryx, Yext, Trivago, HelloFresh, and Docusign. Insight has invested in more than 400 companies and has raised through a series of funds more than $30 billion in capital commitments. With 25 years of investment experience, our mission is to partner with enterprise-ready software companies that have proven business models and product-market fit, to accelerate growth for long term success.
Having completed 200+ portfolio led acquisitions, 100+ strategic exits, and more than 45 IPOs, Insight is the leading ScaleUp software investor. It engages in both majority and minority investments and purchases both primary and secondary shares. Insight’s focus on growth provides the financial flexibility to pursue investments such as growth equity, capital for M&A, PE buyouts, take-privates, pre-IPO rounds, and recapitalizations. Insight has been recognized by several awards and rankings including the Forbes Midas List, Fortune’s list of top-performing 20 funds, and the Private Equity International Awards.
Insight’s ScaleUp division, Insight Onsite, partners with Insight’s portfolio companies to build formidable software businesses. Onsite is comprised of 50+ operational experts with experience working at ScaleUp software companies, who have the shared goal to help portfolio companies define their business strategy, build their teams, and improve their operations as they scale. Onsite is organized via 6 Centers of Excellence: Talent, Product & Tech, Marketing, Sales & Customer Success, Business Development, and Strategy and M&A, to provide tailored guidance critical to scaling software businesses
What to expect:
We have constructed a rich internship opportunity that will provide you with outstanding experience by working on real projects that matter. We understand that this will be a learning experience, and we will provide structure and opportunities to teach you new skills.
In this role you will be expected to assist and execute on:
- Social media management
- Visual design
- Digital event promotion and execution
- Community engagement and reporting
- Content editing and promotion
- PR & communications
This paid internship will begin in a part-time capacity in early Spring, ideally as soon as possible and extend until the end of the Summer. During the school year, we will work with the candidate to determine the appropriate number of hours per week, but during the Summer a full-time schedule is expected.
Is Insight right for you?
- Previous work experience in the marketing field and genuine interest in the responsibilities related to the role. Ideal candidate would have visual design experience.
- Team matters to us- As an intern you will be part of a small team, and have access to all major projects and initiatives from day one. You will receive direct coaching from our marketing managers. Your contribution to your team will be an important criterion in evaluating your success.
- We expect excellence- Insight has a tradition of hiring the best and the brightest. The bar is high, but if you succeed, we believe in recognizing strong performance.
- Learn by doing- We will train you and give you the tools needed to start your journey. But, ultimately you will need to be comfortable working independently and be self-motivated. Every interaction internally and externally is an opportunity for you to learn.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.