IDA is an independent, non-profit, federally-funded research and development center that provides objective analyses to the Department of Defense and other federal government agencies.
Are you looking to advance your career in IT? We are looking for a self-starter who can leverage new technologies/languages to improve the end-user experience and drive productivity across the company. You will enjoy working with state of the art technology in a number of critical business areas, such as human resources, business intelligence, security, web portal design, business continuity, enterprise search, finance, etc.
The Lead Network Engineer position envisions, designs, administers, and maintains multiple data, voice, and video telecommunication networks, systems and software. This position applies advanced subject matter expertise to develop solutions to solve a full range of complex problems with little to no direction. Responsibilities include the oversight of multifaceted system deployments and upgrades. Contributes to and leads large program and project initiatives that integrate multiple technologies. Joins with senior management in the strategic planning and development of functional requirements. Mentors junior IT staff on systems integration and operations, ensuring system compatibility and configuration standards are maintained. Promotes IT best practices and adherence to corporate IT practices and security policy. Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule. #ITatIDA
- Takes the primary role as project leader and designer of new IT technology initiatives. Provides formal project management documentation and partners with junior staff to ensure the successful deployment and transition of operational support to junior administrators.
- Develops test and integration plans for new systems and software in order to ensure compatibility with current IT infrastructure. Builds new networks to design specifications.
- Provides operational support and maintenance, when necessary, to ensure systems functionality, availability, security, and performance.
- Ensures all systems meet or exceed the business and security requirements in accordance with IDA, DOD, NSA, DISA and DSS directives and guidelines.
- Mentors junior staff and coordinates work assignments of junior administrators to ensure project schedules are maintained.
- Prepares technical documentation, to include standard operating procedures and processes.
- Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Coordinates resources to resolve problems when necessary.
- Administers and maintains classified and unclassified networks and telecommunication systems and services to ensure optimum performance and availability.
- Maintains technical proficiency in new IT technologies; keeps abreast of industry trends, and makes recommendations to improve or advance services and system performance.
- Communicates all computer network, system and service problems and outages immediately to the SEO supervisors and/or EITO Manager.
- Responds to critical after hours support issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field coupled with eight years minimum experience in Information Technology, which includes at least six years in network administration OR high school diploma with ten years minimum experience in Information Technology, which includes at least six years in network administration.
- Possess advanced, subject matter expertise in IP-based network and telecommunication system design, administration, and support, preferably Cisco.
- Experience with IOS/NX-OS, InfoBlox, Ironport, and Riverbed desired.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and able to work with minimal to no supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
- Project management experience
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer