IMT‘s Senior Program Associates contribute significantly to one or more of IMT’s areas of work, including the implementation of IMT’s public sector strategy and the adoption of decarbonization policy in achieving climate and equity goals. The Senior Program Associate reports to the Associate Director for Policy Strategy and Engagement and works collaboratively throughout the organization.
- Create educational and technical materials and resources on building performance policies and the intersection of social priorities such as resilience, public health, racial equity, affordable housing and workforce development
- Synthesize complex information—from multiple external and internal sources—and draw insightful conclusions that improve IMT’s ability to advance market adoption of energy efficiency and intersecting social priorities
- Develop partnerships with community organizations, government agencies, companies, and trade associations as needed
- Manage assigned projects including planning, reporting, and ensuring deadlines and deliverables are met
- Present publicly at events and conferences and organize panels on relevant topics
- Work with other programs as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with a focus on energy, climate, and/or the environment
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, work in or with Community Based Organizations a plus
- Commitment to advancing social and economic justice
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a thirst for solving tough problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an agility for sizing up and tackling problems that span public and private sectors
- Flexible, comfortable with some ambiguity, and a team player
This is a full-time position based in IMT’s Washington, DC office, but remote employment will be considered. IMT currently encourages remote work in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $75,000, commensurate with experience and based on geographic location. In addition, IMT offers a competitive benefits package.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please write “Senior Associate” in the subject line.
About the Institute for Market Transformation
The Institute for Market Transformation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, with a mission to catalyze demand for high-performing buildings. Achieving this vision requires market transformation through strategic interventions that remove barriers and to provide an easier path to an energy-efficient built environment. We work in partnership with businesses, policymakers, and environmental groups that are leading the future of energy efficiency. With over 20 years of experience, IMT has supported large-scale outcomes as a driver of important new practices and policies that benefit cities, businesses, the economy and the environment.
Headquartered in downtown Washington, DC, we provide a vibrant, collaborative and flexible workplace that brings together diverse expertise. We empower our staff to constantly learn while achieving big goals, and have a great deal of fun along the way.
IMT values all types of diversity-including racial, ethnic, and gender–and is committed to promoting and fostering a diverse organization. IMT is an equal opportunity employer.