We are seeking to appoint two Research Assistants to work under the direction of Clare Lockhart on a series of books, reports and articles on topics related to governance and the role of the state, citizenship, and economic development and technological change. Specific topics will include insights on global trends; reform of international institutions; and economic recovery; and documentation of fieldwork.
For more information about ISE please see www.effectivestates.org.
These positions would be ideal for a recent graduate with strong research and writing skills, or for a person with a background in journalism.
- The successful candidates should have undergraduate degree in history, political science or a related discipline with a strong interest in history, economics, global affairs and current events
- Essential criteria include: strong aptitude for and interest in research; attention to detail; strong written communication skills; ability to synthesize large quantities of information; ability to write clearly and concisely and convey technical information for non-academic readers; ability to work flexibly and to deadlines; ability to work independently without close supervision; strong commitment to teamwork
- Additional criteria valued for this position: Strong motivation and curiosity; excellent critical thinking, ability to extract meaningful insights and synthesize large quantities of information; curiosity about the world and future trends; interest in social issues and community development
- Fluent in English, proficiency in a second language welcome
Tasks will include:
- performing literature reviews;
- read and condense key insights from books, articles and other materials;
- conducting interviews;
- collecting and analyzing data;
- developing and editing drafts;
- fact check and footnote book chapters;
- attending seminars and meetings.
Location: Availability during East coast time zone preferred. Work can be remote or provision of office space can be considered.
Duration: Full time or part time, 6 months – 1 year
Start date: Negotiable
Salary and benefit: Competitive pay and leave policies apply
Application deadline: 26 February 2021
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample that demonstrates your research abilities to email@example.com
We will do our best to respond to everyone, but if there is a high volume of applicants we may not be able to do this. We will contact applicants for interviews between March 1-14, 2021.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.