Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
The Clinical Marketing summer intern will support health economics and value selling projects within the clinical marketing function at Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) under the guidance of the Clinical Marketing Associate. The individual will work with a core team of individuals from Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Marketing Communications by providing insights into key projects in the field of In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD). In addition, the intern may support the Clinical Marketing monthly program to train affiliates on new Value Deliverables. This position presents the opportunity to develop Marketing & Health Economics expertise in Healthcare, support Market Access-related initiatives, and interact with individuals across IL and key worldwide affiliates.
Assessment of the Value Presentation for IL Hemostasis business line.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Medical Affairs, Marketing Communications, by providing objective analysis of utilization, and commercial impact of the Hemostasis Value Presentation across key affiliates.
- Identify IL Value Presentations capabilities, potential improvements, and benchmark against competitive value tools. Based on conclusions, identify key opportunities, and use cases for further investigation.
- Leverage the Hemostasis Value Presentation analysis to develop a Hemostasis Value Pack proposal presenting a concept using the existing value tools.
- Support the Clinical Marketing monthly program to train affiliates on new Value Deliverables.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Strong analytical, written communication and presentation skills.
- Competency in desk research and analytics, distilling down data into concise summaries.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Minimum Knowledge or Experience Requirements:
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing or Business, Life Sciences or related degree.
- Work experience in global organization or corporate environment desired.
- Work experience in healthcare, preferably within the In-Vitro Diagnostics industry is desired.
- IL Team Sports: Tuesday Morning: Soccer; Thursday Morning: Hockey; Friday Afternoon: Flag Football
- IL Gym Access: Members will have access to IL gym and locker rooms with showers
- Subsidized Cafeteria prices: $2-4 Breakfast, $3-5 Lunch
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialties of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.