Insulet Corporation, maker of the OmniPod, is the leader in tubeless insulin pump. The Associate Data Scientist role is responsible for supporting research and development of global analytics and data science initiatives, according to Insulet’s data analytics strategy. Working with senior analytics technical leaders, you will develop tools and processes to transform data into insights with subject matter experts from cross-functional teams. Using data cleaning best practices, aggregation, and joining large datasets, you will leverage cloud technologies to build analytics reporting for a comprehensive view of product to patient. You will gain detailed knowledge of multiple facets of business operation, and collaborate with other Data Scientists in the Analytics COE to support cross-functional efforts spanning R&D, clinical, medical affairs, quality, and global manufacturing among others. We are a fast growing company that provides an energetic work environment and tremendous career growth opportunities.
- Work with IT and cross functional teams to identify data sources, design data ingestion, clean up, and pre-processing scripts as needed.
- Leverage cloud computing and automation technologies for machine learning and analytics pipelines, such as Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.
- Explore data patterns using existing data science tools and self-created programs.
- Perform statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and generate automated reporting as required.
- Support software V&V and IQ/OQ/PQ efforts
- Clearly communicate findings to a broad audience, in relation to business objectives.
- Assist in training other teams in usage of analytics tools and best practices
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or a closely related field is required.
- 0-2 years of work experience on machine learning, artificial intelligence, or statistical inferences.
- Experiences in manufacturing, medical device, and/or healthcare industries is desirable.
- Goal-driven mentality
- Experience in one or more analytic software tools, such as Python, R, Matlab, PySpark.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and one or more relational databases, such as Oracle, Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server, etc
- Experience in MongoDB or analyzing data from non-relational sources is a plus.
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools, such as Tableau, Spotfire, Cognos.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering principles and practices.
- Ability to work independently without detailed guidance, while maintaining effective communications with leaders and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively and document objectives and procedures.